Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Militaria Collection

Article about: Hi All....I am new to this site and have very little knowledge regarding how & what to do. Guidance would be welcomed. I am looking to identify items in a small German Militaria collecti

Default German Militaria Collection

Hi All....I am new to this site and have very little knowledge regarding how & what to do. Guidance would be welcomed.
    I am looking to identify items in a small German Militaria collection I recently aquired. I have been able to identify some of them but would appreciate & welcome any input from the experts. I can provide addtitional pics if needed.... Thanks....JAC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Militaria Collection   German Militaria Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Militaria Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Militaria Collection

Hi Jac, welcome to the forum!

Close up pics of each of the items, front and back, are really needed. But I would be very wary of the Jewish Stars. These are heavily faked. The stamps you should be fairly safe with.

Try and post the items in the correct forums: but I can move threads if you make a mistake.

The steel helmet badge is from the cover of a photo album.

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with Ade about the stars. On the one... the border is bigger than I've ever seen any example. Seems like it would be awkward in wear. Which leads me to believe it's possibly a hastily cut out fake? I could be wrong, definitely not an expert, but he's right that those things get faked like crazy.

I'm curious about that red button with what looks like a scowling Hitler? What's the story with that one?

Thanks for quick responses. I am in the process of photographing close-ups as recommended. I will try to post later today....

The red button / pinback is an anti-Hitler pin that reads "Wanted for Murder" "Adolf Schickelgruber - Alias HITLER" Dated 1941 on the back.

I figured it was some kind of homefront piece. Most likely American.