Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

German Mother's Cross with Diamonds

Article about: Just a quick question. This award was hotly debated about a decade or so ago, as it appeared in Angolia's book, but has it ever been definitively answered if this award ever actually Existed

Default Re: German Mother's Cross with Diamonds

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Lest anybody believe that I take the item on the Snyder site seriously:

Adrian said he'd never even seen a fake or fantasy Mutterkreuz with diamonds.

So I showed him where he could finally see one.
    Dont worry Andreas, no one would have thought that ! Certainly not from you !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

It Is, however, spoken of in Angolia's book, for what it's worth, so...did Crooked Charlie get the idea from the book? Or other way around? Who knows? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Adrian said he'd never even seen a fake or fantasy Mutterkreuz with diamonds.

So I showed him where he could finally see one.
    Yes and my eyes are still hurting. Now I remember why I don't visit 'Ole Charlie's site very much!

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It Is, however, spoken of in Angolia's book, for what it's worth, so...did Crooked Charlie get the idea from the book? Or other way around? Who knows? William
    I have a feeling a Mutterkreuz with diamonds is more of an urban legend than most of these suspect high end awards. At least most of them come with some evidence they were thought about and designed etc. I don't think the same can apply to the Mutterkreuz with diamonds....... unless anyone can prove otherwise?
    Is there any period evidence on paper the award was being instituted, designed, perhaps just mentioned briefly in the smoking shelter........?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123