Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS

Article about: I know these are very rare, but just want to make sure it's a replica from you, knowledgeable collectors... Thanks.

Default Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS

I know these are very rare, but just want to make sure it's a replica from you, knowledgeable collectors...
    Thanks.

Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SSGermanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS

Only around 150 of these were ever awarded, and between 20 and 30 are known to exist today.

This is not one of them. If you find one of these it's 99% certainly fake as the prices are on a level with RK's due to their rarity, and so fakers love 'em!

Below is an original example, note the way the runes are attached to the base, the broader pin and the tapered catch, there is no comparison I'm afraid. If it don't look like that it's a pup.

Not being funny Ludo, but looking at your previous posts you seem to have an unfortunate habit of asking opinions about nothing else than high end awards that 9 times out of 10 are bogus. You are without doubt the unluckiest member I have seen when it comes to this. Do you actually collect any awards at all, and if so would you show them here? I for one would enjoy a peek!

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS   Germanische Leistungsrune der Waffen SS  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned. Well, where to start... I am into history of WWII air war; pilots, planes, crash sites. Since I was a kid my dad took me to many sites of B17 & B24 final resting places, collecting pieces and finding what happened to the crew and sending the info to the USA. That was still under the "comi" regime and not "popular" with the regime... He built model planes, had lots of photos, so it kind of grew on me.
    I've read lots of books about the air war and the guys in it. Always liked that. When I came to Canada I had access to all this stuff, museums, more books, prints. So one day I found a US DFC that I bought, then Overseas Service Medal. Then I found an EKII. My friend sold me the EKI (in one of the posts; now questionable) and I always wanted the pilots badge.
    Few years back I was in the States and found a batch of 7 German badges that I had no idea if they are real or not, but sure caught my attention, so I ended up buying the whole set for $70. I think he was asking $20/piece.
    I didn't think much of it; then I saw some sites that were selling same for a lot of money. Only person I sort of trusted was a web dealer, but when I send him pics, he said they are all bad...
    Then I came to this site and started posting and here we are. So from out of 7, 3 are according to you guys good, which is not too bad. So I wouldn't say it's all that bad. At least I didn't pay a lot of money for them.

There was a pilot's badge I found for sale, but turned out to be bad, but you have seen most of my badges. Plus I have the Badge of Honor for service on the Eastern Front and Czechoslovak War Cross plus the Condor Legion Medal. Also the Markman's Badge for rifle (Slovak)

Now you know it all, Ned. Thanks again for your help, greatly appreciated.

?

Definitely a replica.

Compare to the example Ned has posted, especially the reverse and you can see many differences.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Im guessing this one is bad
    The stamping looks wrong and the 4 pins do not come far enough out?

Hi Ben, it is indeed bad. Wrong pins and it should not be marked.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you sir that is what I presumed.