Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Giant lot of German medals are they real?

Article about: hi I bought each one of these at an auction and each one was pretty cheap. they arrived today and I would like to know if any of them are authentic at all thanks for the help guys! and sorry

Default Giant lot of German medals are they real?

hi I bought each one of these at an auction and each one was pretty cheap. they arrived today and I would like to know if any of them are authentic at all thanks for the help guys!
    Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?Giant lot of German medals are they real?
    and sorry theres sooooooooo many pictures but also three of the medals do have maker marks on them. the u boat clasp has several on the back but it says entwurf peekhaus on one side and on the other ausf schweru (last letter I cant really see im guessing is a u) Berlin on the back of the high seas medal is the letters f.o. and finally on the back of the pin for the Luftwaffe pilot badge is the letters L/12 again very sorry theres soo many pictures but its a big lot and I really need help again thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Giant lot of German medals are they real?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Giant lot of German medals are they real?

Sorry but all of them look like they are reproductions to me. The one Luftwaffe pin looks like a fantasy pin to me

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Sorry but all of them look like they are reproductions to me. The one Luftwaffe pin looks like a fantasy pin to me
    Agree.
    chris

Many look like they were made from the same metal - a bad sign. The reverse of many have lots of pock marks and generally a poor finish. The EK II looks particularly poor. The bags are usually a much darker blue. For this and many other reasons this is a lot to avoid. NH

yea i figured out the iron cross when it arrived oh well i took a risk when i bought each one of these and looks like it didn't pay off

Sorry buddy. Well, at least they can be used as missing piece fillers until you get originals. They could also work on reproduction uniforms for re-enacting if you are involved in the hobby. NH

?

Some times a risk pay off but in this case it did not in the future try and post something on here that you are not sure of. I always put something on here if I am not sure. Better to be safe then sorry with German military

Wow....not a good bet on any of this lot! About the only one that might come the closest, would be the Olympics medal, and unless we could see some Way clearer and closer photos of it, I wouldn't put much hope on it either. Sorry....

(Good lordy, look at the swastika on that U-Boat clasp!!....brrr...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As previously stated, all of them look to be bad, exept maybe the 36 Olympics medal .If it was from a different guy then the others it might stand a chance.

?

Luckily this is an easy one as they are bad and not much discussion is to be had about them.

I've closed the thread and will draw your attention to the sticky thread at the top of the main orders and decorations page about posting photos and multiple items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....