Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Gift: Medals and ribbons assortment

Article about: A college friend said he had an iron cross that belonged to his aunt's second husband. The family had no interest in keeping it and asked would I like to have it? Answer? Why yes please! The

Default Gift: Medals and ribbons assortment

A college friend said he had an iron cross that belonged to his aunt's second husband. The family had no interest in keeping it and asked would I like to have it? Answer? Why yes please! The recipient's name was Adolf Neimke.
    I have no other info yet but will ask. To my surprise, this is what showed up. The first award is unknown to me-possibly Rumanian? The second ribbon looks like the WWI war service or Hindenburg medal ribbon. The third ribbon is a WWII war merit medal with an interesting angled cut I assume for sewing into a buttonhole. The fourth item is the EK2 with a bit of ribbon attached. Finally, there was Krim shield in the box. I am looking for an ID of the first medal and ribbon and opinions on the Krim shield. I would be happy to post additional photos and move any item to an appropriate location. Thanks in advance for any help. NH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	744125

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

A better look at the EK2. It is a two part construction and appears 100% good to me. The loop is slightly bent and obviously the ribbon has seen better days. NH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10695004_10204632288789404_1493871088_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	744126

Update: All items are from the same man - a Romanian national. The first medal is a Romanian Loyal Service Cross Type II Class III missing the medal part. NH

Hi ,the Rumanian medal(first one left) is the Cross for faithful service awarded for long/faithful service, awarded to rumanians and members of tha axis forces...you are missing the cross...hope this helps..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iii.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	744129  

DarrenJ, thanks - this info corroborates my own. Apparently, I have a Romanian soldiers awards for his service in the Axis including at Crimea. NH

A nice gift! Learn as much as you can about the original recipient of course, and write it down for future historic purpose.

?

Very nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

as Nathan said.