Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)

Article about: Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords AKA Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens - Excellent condition - M.M. = 900 21 (not sure??) - w/ ribbon + original(?) case Pics below

Default Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)

Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords AKA Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens - Excellent condition - M.M. = 900 21 (not sure??) - w/ ribbon + original(?) case

Pics below <item #138>

Is it authentic? value?

Thanks
    KP
    Attached Images Attached Images Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)  Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)  Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)  Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)  Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)  Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)  Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)

After researching this piece further and trying to find the paperwork, I think this is authentic. Can anybody confirm or give me any further guidance on what to look for on the piece? Any pics of fake "900 21" maker marked pieces to compare to?

Default Re: Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens / Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle w/o Swords (mm = 900 21)

The case is not original. Cases for this award were all red, no black cases were issued.

The piece in the picture is not Grosskreuz, it could be 1st class pre 1943 or 3rd class post 1943 award.

Try to measure your cross from point to point and look for markings on the top of the fan. Also the ribbon size is different with each award.

Still there is something in this piece that bothers me, but to get a true answer you would need to take the cross to a well known professional dealer to be evaluated because pictures only go so far.

You showed the breast star of this award also, which I can say is a fake, but put together the star and this cross could have been sold to your uncle as Grosskreutz award without case. Still it should have sounded off 100 alarm bells because case is wrong and the star is poor fake.

Here's an excellent article on the eagle orders from W.C. Stump:

Order of the German Eagle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by adren123; 06-26-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Hi Kaypee

I don't know a whole lot on these but I can say I don't really like the ribbon based on these pic's...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi. The coss is autentic, it is a 1939 1St German Eagle Order or 1943 3St Egle Order as Adren says well. Your case is not autentic.The value of this piece is 1700-2000€ withouth case

Adlerorden