MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?

Article about: This is a supposed ground dug Juncker. The hinge has been repaired but the catch is gone. It has been cleaned. Opinions are most welcome. Regards, Steven

Default Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?

This is a supposed ground dug Juncker.
    The hinge has been repaired but the catch is gone.
    It has been cleaned.
    Opinions are most welcome.
    Regards,
    Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?   Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?  

Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?  
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-16-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ground dug Juncker Flakbadge, original or not?

better pics, but doesent look too "ground dug"
    not sure if its the pic or my eyes but the reverse surface looks to be filled with pockmarks like ya see on a cast fake. not sure, maybe one or two good pics could say.

I'll do my best,
    I took those late last night.
    The pitmarks were caused by sand incrusted in the badge.
    It is not mine, a friend of mine dug it up years a go.

Ground dug?

How did he get it back to that condition?

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 05-16-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The owner is diggin on the same site for over 20 years, all the items he recoverd from there are in almost mint condition or were restored with care.
    I'm diggin with him on that site, there is still loads of stuff comming out and except sligth oxidation I have dug up a vast aray of items that almost look like new.
    I've added some pictures of his finds over the past 20 years and one of mine I did last week.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?   Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?  

Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?   Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?  

Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?   Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?  

Wow, some pretty amazing finds there !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wow! The items are in perfect condition, you almost couldn't tell they were ground dug. Are the items found in mud, a swamp, clay or something?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Hey Vegar,
    None of the above, they were dug in very fine sand comming from the estuary of the river nearby.
    A lot of these items were found over the past 20years, some have been restored with a lot of care.
    For example the luftwaffe spange and glider badge have been repaired and restored with a lot of care.
    Regards,
    Steven

?

Default Re: Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?

You and your friend have certainly found alot of nice items Steven, any chance of some photos of the Flakkampfabzeichen in natural light please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Ground dug Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen, original or not?

Hey Adrain,
    I'll make some tomorow evening after work.
    If you want a specific part of the badge like the hinge, maker, etc just ask.
    Regards,
    Steven

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast