Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

group of medals

Article about: Here is a group of medals i was thinking about buying, all the medals look fine, but im not sure about the ss 4 year service medal. The ring looks different but that could be me. so whats yo

?

Default group of medals

Here is a group of medals i was thinking about buying, all the medals look fine, but im not sure about the ss 4 year service medal. The ring looks different but that could be me.
    so whats your opinion?
    thanks
    regards callum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture group of medals   group of medals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement group of medals
    P
    Many

Default Re: group of medals

Callum

I have never seen a silver coloured ss 4 year. Even if the black paint was stripped it would be a bronze colour.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Suspension ring on the ss medal is also wrong it should be teardrop in shape.

Regards

Robin

?

From these pics it's hard to be certain about any of them. It's possible there is a mixture of fake and original items. The mounting of the medals just isn't right, very amateur and lacking in quality. It looks like it was put together during a lunchbreak.
    I would suggest passing on this one, saving your money and looking for a medal bar without any issues, there are many still around.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    From these pics it's hard to be certain about any of them. It's possible there is a mixture of fake and original items. The mounting of the medals just isn't right, very amateur and lacking in quality. It looks like it was put together during a lunchbreak.
    I would suggest passing on this one, saving your money and looking for a medal bar without any issues, there are many still around.
    ok thanks for the help.

?

never seen one that looked like that before. Looks like they were all individual medals thrown on. The ribbons should look nicer. Interesting combo too.

Yeah I agree, looks garbage. SS 4 years service with Westwall medal? Strange, but I suppose not entirely unfeasable.

The SS medal and a few others are in the wrong order for a start. Should be after the Hindenburg cross which should be before the war merit without swords. Ribbons are atrocious. They, like the others have stated have been "thrown" onto this bracket.

All thats missing is the sticky back plastic