Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.

Article about: Hello Gents, please give me your opinion on this U Boot Spange.It is real? Thanks Nikolaus

Default Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.

Hello Gents,
    please give me your opinion on this U Boot Spange.It is real?
    Thanks
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.   Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.  

Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.

I have to confess that these badges are completely out of my league.
    However, I've been comparing it to known originals and to known fakes and I can find more similarities to the fake examples I've seen than the originals. Various details just don't match the originals.
    I don't want to completely write it off as my knowledge of these badges is minimal at best but I would urge caution and wait for some more educated replies.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default re: Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.

This is an old thread I know, but this one is fake. Note the "NW" totally wrong. See here for more info:

Untitled Document

An original will be arriving at my house this afternoon.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.

Nice link Ade, thanks for that. Hope to see your new example soon.

Regards,

Carl

Ah no....sadly the badge was brought over for me to view by a friend who's Grandad aquired it during the war.

I like to handle as much original material as possible. My camera batteries died on me, so I only got to take two lousy out of focus pics...

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.   Have a look on this U-Boot Frontspange.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Even so, thanks for showing it Ade. Despite the photographs, one can see the correct form of lettering, Adler's head and Swastika that most of the replicas fail to match.

Cheers,

Carl