Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer 4 year LS medaille

Article about: by StuG III I don't really like this one. Detail is very untidy to say the least. Note the differennce with the one below. Tom Hello Tom, is your medal a real one??? Look at the shape of the

Default Heer 4 year LS medaille

Hi guys, I broke the forum common sense policy and bought a couple of things before consulting. My reasons were that I couldn't copy the pictures and things seemed to be selling fast so I took the plunge. Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 4 year LS medaille   Heer 4 year LS medaille  

Heer 4 year LS medaille   Heer 4 year LS medaille  

Heer 4 year LS medaille   Heer 4 year LS medaille  

Heer 4 year LS medaille  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 4 year LS medaille
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer 4 year LS medaille

I don't really like this one. Detail is very untidy to say the least. Note the differennce with the one below.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 4 year LS medaille   Heer 4 year LS medaille  

It does look a bit dented and worn compared to that one, could that just be late war with poorer material? This was another Klaus Butschek purchase.

Not sure if it's authentic but it's very poor quality.

Quote by Richarduk View Post
    It does look a bit dented and worn compared to that one, could that just be late war with poorer material? This was another Klaus Butschek purchase.
    Even if that were the case, I would not expect to see these imperfections in the detail. Zinc medals had the same detail quality as the earlier tombak medals.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer 4 year LS medaille  Heer 4 year LS medaille 

If you hadn't mentioned Klaus Butschek i'd have said this is a cast fake.

Yeah they do show up alarmingly well on the digital camera, you can't see them with the naked eye. I take your point though, thanks, I'll leave this one in the dodgy pile for now :P

It's definately a Klaus medal, is he usually on the money?

I was a bit concerned when I initially got this and read it was supposed to be 30mm, but it more 29mm, is that a big distance to be off? Presuming they don't shrink with age!

Quote by Richarduk View Post
    Yeah they do show up alarmingly well on the digital camera, you can't see them with the naked eye. I take your point though, thanks, I'll leave this one in the dodgy pile for now :P

It's definately a Klaus medal, is he usually on the money?
    He's got a very good reputation, i don't think he'd knowingly sell you a dud.

If not mistaken Nick has a zinc medal, maybe he can tell good from bad or post his medal for comparison.
    No disrespect intended, who the dealer is has no real relevance to the authenticity of items. They, like you and I, are human and mistakes are known to happen. That being said I could still be proven wrong about this medal.

Tom

Sorry but I dont like the quality at all

There are an abundance of good quality LS medals around.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast