Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worse

Article about: Guys, After seeing the wonderful thread this week on the Heer Flakabzeichen. I decided to own up to my suspicions and present mine. In the past I bought a bunch of nice medals from a nice ol

MAP
    ?

Default Heer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worse

Guys,

After seeing the wonderful thread this week on the Heer Flakabzeichen. I decided to own up to my suspicions and present mine. In the past I bought a bunch of nice medals from a nice old dealer. All but a few turned out to be fake.

This is one of the few that I thought had a chance but after pulling it out a while ago and studying the threads, I'm was not liking what I see.

My concerns are the
    - shape of the eagles head (specifically the extra material behind the beak)
    - shape of the tip of the pin
    - The hinge block (with the eye it looks like the sheet metal wrap around but under a loop it looks cast and part for the badge)
    - The bubbles on the back (and also on part of the front specifically the barrel of the 88)

So...have a go...

Michael

Heer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worseHeer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worse
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worse
    P
    Many

Hello Michael,
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is the lizardman fake.
    I will do some looking around and get back to you with a more definate answer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Michael,
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is the lizardman fake.
    I will do some looking around and get back to you with a more definate answer.
    Ralph.

As I suspected but hoping for the best. Thanks Ralph!

Well, at least I can take all these mistakes and put them on some uniforms for display.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not able to find a match yet Michael. The closest I can find it a Robert Souval but the hardware is incorrect. Maybe Ned will come along and answer your question before I am able to.
    ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

FWIW, the hinge block doesn't look cast to me but the quality of the Adler chest feathers has me doubtful.

?

Hi Michael,

Really not liking this badge at all. First glance and I would agree with Ralph that it's the lizard fake but it's not quite right for that one. I can't see it resembling any accepted original badges either.
    The hinge (to my eyes) does look cast in with the back of the badge and the top drilled through. Not a good sign at all. The bubbling pattern is also a feature of fake production methods and although similar patina can be found on original badges, I don't believe it is the case here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Guys,

For me this isn't the 'Lizard Man Fake' but another complete fantasy design used by Staegemeir that crops up under many disguises and with various rear set ups (Souval, W.H., Juncker and unmarked). Here's a pic of the obverse side that they all have in common.

And for reference, the eagle of the notorious 'Lizard Man Fake', this one being on a fake Aurich flak badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Thanks everone. At least we now have another fake to compare to!

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 02-12-2015 at 12:17 AM.

its a bitter pill to take when you have had a badge for a long time.

Another similar fake that's trying to pass off as a Juncker

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worse   Heer Flakabzeichen - Expecting the worse  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast