Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5

Article about: Hello, I believe this is a grade 5 marksmanship lanyard. I have the option to pick this one up, but wanted to post it first. Everything looks okay to me, the green backing appears to be corr

Default Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5

Hello,

I believe this is a grade 5 marksmanship lanyard. I have the option to pick this one up, but wanted to post it first. Everything looks okay to me, the green backing appears to be correctly applied. There is no ribbon to the back of the lanyard itself, which I believe would make this one of earlier production?

I've been after a good one of this grade for a while now, so I'm hoping this is a good one. I know the panzer lanyards get faked, I assume these would too...

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by rbminis; 02-04-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5
    P
    Many

Photos are a bit small for details but it looks okay to me. Sometimes you just have to do your research and go with your gut.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. I'm not sure about the stamping edge around the swords, and the lack of backing. I wish I knew more about lanyards and the protective ribbon you often see on their reverse. Internet searches reveal some pretty convincing reproductions, and these grade 5 are proving difficult to find comparison photos on the forums. Since this is a piece form WAF, I may start a thread over there and see if anyone can post an example. There was a website I found once that details these pretty well, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I may have it bookmarked at home though. I guess I'll need more time before letting the old gut have its say.

Hello,

It appears to be a very nice original piece to me.

Fred

looks ok to me.

It's fine, but start the thread on the other site if you'd like more thumbs ups.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks gentlemen. Much appreciated to have the replies. I think my concerns are addressed at this point.

I heard again that the lanyards missing the rear protective ribbon were earlier production, before the Heer mandated the ribbon be added to prevent tunic rubbing. I'll have to try and get good photos and document the lanyard here so we have an easier to find example of the grade. I found lots of great examples of grades 1-4, but not so much on 5 and up.

Matches my example. I think it is A-OK. Hopefully the price is acceptable. These don't trade for huge bucks in lower grades. NH

Thanks Neil. Got it for $125, which I think is an ok deal. It's not a steal, but it's not bad either. Considering how long I've been keeping an eye out for a nice sharp one, I'm happy to get it.

Hello,

Sounds like you got it for a decent price. Lanyards tend to get more expensive the higher the grade. I think a grade 5 at this price isn't bad. I have one I am offering right now for $155. You did well.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast