Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heeres Flakabzeichen.

Article about: This is for sale on craigslist, i offered 100\\$ for it, but its listed for 145. What do you guys think? Ryan

?

Default Re: Heer Flak Badge

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    This thread reminded me to ask the purpose of these badges! Were they awarded on Heer soldiers mounting a flak position? If yes how could this happen? Flak positions were supposed to be under LW orders... Same goes for the Heer parabadge... How can an infantry soldier gain such a badge??? Please enlight me as i see these badges and i know nothing about them...
    There were Heer Flak positions too!

The Heer Flak badge was awarded to Heer personnel who manned Flak guns, and aircraft locator crews, searchlights for example. You had to earn 16 points to qualify for the award.
    Four points were awarded if you shot down an enemy aircraft. If your position was assisted in doing so by other Flak batteries you only got two points. If you were involved with aircraft locator systems like radar and searchlights you would earn one point if you were the first one to spot the aircraft. If you performed a courageous act or showed bravery during an anti aircraft mission you could earn the badge for this action alone without any points.
    The difference between the Heer and Luftwaffe award criteria is that a Heer badge could only be awarded for shooting down an aircraft whereas a Luftwaffe badge could be earned for using an anti aircraft gun in ground support and attack too.

You're correct, a Heer Infantry soldier couldn't earn a Para badge but a Heer Paratrooper could.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Flakabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heeres Flakabzeichen.

post war souval.

?

I politely asked for more photos but the seller was extremely rude and just responded with a NO!.
    I then got angered and responded Good luck selling it because its a post war fake. lol
    Ryan

?

No worries Ryan, if anyone gets funny over providing more photos then it's best to walk away.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There were Heer Flak positions too!

The Heer Flak badge was awarded to Heer personnel who manned Flak guns, and aircraft locator crews, searchlights for example. You had to earn 16 points to qualify for the award.
    Four points were awarded if you shot down an enemy aircraft. If your position was assisted in doing so by other Flak batteries you only got two points. If you were involved with aircraft locator systems like radar and searchlights you would earn one point if you were the first one to spot the aircraft. If you performed a courageous act or showed bravery during an anti aircraft mission you could earn the badge for this action alone without any points.
    The difference between the Heer and Luftwaffe award criteria is that a Heer badge could only be awarded for shooting down an aircraft whereas a Luftwaffe badge could be earned for using an anti aircraft gun in ground support and attack too.

You're correct, a Heer Infantry soldier couldn't earn a Para badge but a Heer Paratrooper could.
    Wow!!! Fascinating information there!!! So, any Heer flak badge is associated with an allied airplane that was shot down... It is a piece that you can make many thoughts just by looking it in your hands (if you are lucky to own one...). Please Adrian tell me more about the Heer paratroopers as i know nothing about them!!

The badge that started the thread is a postwar Souval piece, and I'm willing to bet there's a mark of L/58 somewhere on the reverse, very small.

William Kramer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2