Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?

Article about: All, relatively new to buying and interested in this. Makers Mark = Herman Aurich and looks ok but not confident enough to bid on it yet. Views? Thanks

Default Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?

All, relatively new to buying and interested in this. Makers Mark = Herman Aurich and looks ok but not confident enough to bid on it yet. Views? ThanksHeeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake? Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-24-2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi billers,

It's a fake known as the 'Lizard Man' due to the reptilian head of the eagle. It's going under the guise of an Aurich made badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned's spot on. Stewy

Thanks Ned. Saved me some disappointment but jeez, there are so many of these fakes in the market. This one was on a reputable auction house site.

Quote by billers View Post
    Thanks Ned. Saved me some disappointment but jeez, there are so many of these fakes in the market. This one was on a reputable auction house site.
    One of the benefits of this wonderful forum is that it won't let you down if you post every prospective purchase, whether good or bad in almost any category of militaria collecting; but will set you right on building and maintaining a collection of genuine items. It is therefore worth it's weight in gold.....Gold membership that is, as a way of acknowledging the several hundreds of pounds that it has potentially saved you today. Just a hint like.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned, point noted. You mean WRF membership @$25 ....if so, on it!

I am just south of Birmingham btw

Quote by billers View Post
    Ned, point noted. You mean WRF membership @$25 ....if so, on it!

I am just south of Birmingham btw
    I know, Dorridge, very posh....That's how I knew you could afford it! Welcome to the club!!

Ha ha 😎 Now fully signed up. Thanks again.

Well done billers on "signing up",welcome to the club, worth every penny! As you know already, that is a fake example bearing the Aurich mark. Here's my Aurich to compare with. Leon.Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?Heeres Flakabzeichen, Real or fake?

CBH
    ?

Welcome aboard , I believe there was one available in the Gold members section from the group offered by (m16fan) .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast