Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.

Article about: I visited the RAF Museum at Hendon last week and saw these pieces on display which I thought would interest a few members, the surviving decorations of Hermann Goering. Impossible to say if

?

Default Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.

I visited the RAF Museum at Hendon last week and saw these pieces on display which I thought would interest a few members, the surviving decorations of Hermann Goering.

Impossible to say if these are the real deal from behind two layers of glass and at an an angle but if the story is to be believed, the decorations in the velvet lined tray are the original awards of Uncle Hermann but it is quite possible and an interesting selection.

I'm sure I'm right in saying his neck decorations, Der Großkreuz, Ritterkreuz and Pour le Mérite are all repros, at least there is a repro ribbon in there.

His chest awards I am also sceptical on too but unfortunately I haven't handled that many Flugzeugführerabzeichen mit Brillanten to make an informed call.

Enjoy the pics..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.   Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.  

Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.   Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.  

Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.   Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hermann Goering's surviving decorations.

If nothing else, the mannequin's facial expression is enough to make your skin crawl....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

He kind of looks like a fat Liam Neeson in that last photo...

Thanks for sharing, they should have dressed him in his whites, it would have made him look thinner haha

It still amazes me that so many diamonds were used on high ranking awards... I would prefer Iron awards and cash to compensate the bling bling...

Thanks for sharing

I didn't even know they used diamonds in any awards.

Quote by SailorTzipi View Post
    Thanks for sharing

Indeed on quite a number of awards including of course on Oak Leafs to the knights Cross

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by SailorTzipi View Post
    Thanks for sharing

I believe there were many awards with gold, diamonds and other jewels, just made / awarded in very small numbers.
    This book covers the main awards with "Brilliants"
    Bravery Courage and Valour: Volume 1: Decorations and Awards of the Third Reich: Adrian Forman: 9780952357155: Amazon.com: Books

?

He sure liked his awards

It was very interesting to see the surviving awards and the mannequin itself was actually very well made. There was a security guy circling around constantly, and the floor where they keep the wax Gøring is the smallest floor at Hendon.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast