Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants

Article about: I have had this award for a while I was digging through boxes and found it in an envelope and have never authenticated it.Now since this particular award if my information is correct was one

?

Default Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants

I have had this award for a while I was digging through boxes and found it in an envelope and have never authenticated it.Now since this particular award if my information is correct was one of the first awards that was authorized by the Third Reich for WW-1 veterans and there survivors So the award would be considered a TR award or not and if considered a TR award would it be worn on a WW-2 uniform and if so were would it be worn any and all comment will be appreciated.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants   Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants  

Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants   Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants

Hello Mark, very nice and clean later ribbon suspension example.On my award certificate of issue, it has a swastika stamp and eagle for this type of award when given out alot later than WW1 era. I will check the date on the certificate. I think its in the 1930's . Yes, I believe it could be worn on a WW2 uniform if he is still in service. There would be some ribbon order as to where it would be placed. Just like the British and other Allied forces. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm am wrong. Hope this helps a little

Cheer's,Mark

?

Thanks for the help Mark I appreciate you looking at it and the info will be usefull while researching this award.

Regards Mark K

The Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer was designed by Eugene Godet. Inaugurated on July 13, 1934 by Reichspräsident Paul von Hindenburg. It replaced all the previous State and unofficial WW1 commemorative awards which WW1 Veterans were wearing at the time. Over 6.25 million of these were awarded.

Cheers, Ade.

?

There are so many of these on the market at such little value you would have to go a long way to find a convincing fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you gentlemen I will add it to my display case .

Regards Mark K

?

Hi Mark , This is my old one and certificate.Cheer's, Mark

Hindenburg Cross with swords for CombatantsHindenburg Cross with swords for Combatants

?

Thanks for showing Mark I do notice yours is very early the certificate is dated 1934 any Ideal on what the stamp center bottom stands for is it possibly an approval stamp.

Regards Mark

?

Hindenburg Cross with swords for CombatantsHi Mark, I'm not sure about the stamp.It has the early eagle and tiny Swastika added as per the early German propaganda of the time in the 1930's.I bought these some time ago from a dealer in Germany .Including the wound badge and certificate and the soldiers Iron cross 2nd class and certificate as well. I have his pay and army passport books and his photos of him and his group at the time of enlistment.I will take a picture of the stamp more clearly and maybe other's can comment on it.

Mark, do you have any badges of this era in your collection or certificates that you can show.

P.S. It looks to me like a stamp from maybe a Police constabulary ?

Cheer's Mark
    Last edited by Mark; 09-04-2011 at 04:26 AM.

?

Sadly I must say the only award I have from ths early time in the Reich is my Hindenburg cross all of my other medals, decorations and awards are WW 1 or WW 2 issued but I will see what I can do to change that.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast