Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how do you store/display your medals? Please help.

Article about: hey fellas! i dont mean to beat a dead horse, but i was wondering how most people store their medals and metal insignias. i recently started a small collection of third reich medals/insignia

Default how do you store/display your medals? Please help.

hey fellas!

i dont mean to beat a dead horse, but i was wondering how most people store their medals and metal insignias.

i recently started a small collection of third reich medals/insignias and i just wanted to store them in a way that would preserve and display them.

i am aware of renaissance wax! i did get a bottle of that stuff, but my main question is, after i applied the wax, would it be ok to store in one of those glass frames that sellers have at militaria shows? they sort of look like coin collection frames. they are bordered in black with a glass front. is there some sort of brand that some of you experts can recommend?

some of the items that i hope to smear wax and put into a collection frame are:
    1. ek II
    2. wound badge
    3. totenkopf m1/52

i know these items should never be in a area where it's too humid or has direct sunlight on them.... but im not sure what specialized "militaria display case" would be safe to store these in without fumes from glue, certain metals, or wood affecting them....

i hope i made some sense on my message......

thank you guys in advance. please help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement how do you store/display your medals? Please help.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: how do you store/display your medals? Please help.

Hello

I Display my medals and badges I'n these cases :

1 Display Case British WWI WW1 Medal Medals lg Group | eBay

It keeps them safe and are easy too display ...

P.s good luck with your collection !

Kind regards
    Alex

?

Take a look in the Collections and Displays forum near the bottom of the main page and you'll see plenty of ways to display. You can also search this forum as I know several members have posted their displays here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I just got a IKEA Detolf glass display case. I highly reccomend getting at least 1. I use plastic stands for my medals inside the case.

Shadow boxes are one of the cheapest ways to display also. I put some red felt behind them and it actually looks alright.

Heres an empty one to show you (little dusty!):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how do you store/display your medals? Please help.   how do you store/display your medals? Please help.  

theres these as well eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace fit all medals even arm sheilds

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I just got a IKEA Detolf glass display case. I highly reccomend getting at least 1. I use plastic stands for my medals inside the case.

Shadow boxes are one of the cheapest ways to display also. I put some red felt behind them and it actually looks alright.

Bill how do you attach the medals on that one?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

KSH
    ?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post

My worry with these would be that they are probably not chemically inert - to find something from IKEA that is acid-free and chemically inert would be a fluke I think - but then again it would depend on the materials used to manufacture them.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Glenn those are very nice cases.
    I like the hinge feature. I would prefer them in a darker color though. Wenge for example.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

The cases from the company "just in case" are very well made and are collector grade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast