Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how many fakes will you find on this website?

Article about: More important is whether or not they'll give refunds, in my opinion. I don't think there are lots of obvious fakes on there, but every dealer sells them occasionally.

?

More important is whether or not they'll give refunds, in my opinion. I don't think there are lots of obvious fakes on there, but every dealer sells them occasionally.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Dear Erno,

Refunds? Really... The truth is that the only way to go is to learn about the things you are about to buy. This site has all you need to know if you are willing to do some research yourself first. Then after you have done the research buy the item, still thereīs always a chance You will get fooled. Learning from your mistakes is essential in the business of collecting WW2 militaria. Expecting a refund is, in my opinion being overly optimistic.

Best,

Jan

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Dear Erno,

Refunds? Really... The truth is that the only way to go is to learn about the things you are about to buy. This site has all you need to know if you are willing to do some research yourself first. Then after you have done the research buy the item, still thereīs always a chance You will get fooled. Learning from your mistakes is essential in the business of collecting WW2 militaria. Expecting a refund is optimism.

Best,

Jan
    Well, obviously it is most important to know what you're buying. What I mean to say is, I think it's unfair to condemn a dealer based on the fact that he may be selling a fake, as long as he will refund the buyer. That is because everyone will make mistakes, collectors and dealers alike. In other words, I think it's important that a dealer is honest, but it's too much to expect perfection.

?

For example, I know that the website 'German War Booty' has sold a few fakes recently. Nonetheless, the owner is honest and, if it is brought to his attention, he will issue a refund. I wouldn't condemn any dealer unequivocally, except scam artists like Snyder and the unnamable.

Jan
    ?

Erno,

I didnīt mean to upset You (and donīt think I did). I totally agree to your views. After this I will possibly even try to get a refund myself

Best,

Jan

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Erno,

I didnīt mean to upset You (and donīt think I did). I totally agree to your views. After this I will possibly even try to get a refund myself

Best,

Jan
    Jan, I was not offended or upset at all! The intent of my post was not initially clear, so a clarification on my part was in order.

?

I have bought from Olaf (Sammlermarkt-Nord) before and picked up some nice pieces from him. He has always helped me out, holding items and allowing layaway terms of payment for me if required. I recommend him to anyone who asks.

Every dealer will make a mistake on occasion, it's also up to the collector to know how they spend their money and on what.

Olaf is a good dealer from my experience and I suggest every effort is made to resolve the problem before a derogatory thread is created and members with no experience of dealing with a particular person all jump in with their opinions.
    As always, make informed comments that you can back up, if you don't know, don't post.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I have bought from Olaf (Sammlermarkt-Nord) before and picked up some nice pieces from him. He has always helped me out, holding items and allowing layaway terms of payment for me if required. I recommend him to anyone who asks.

Every dealer will make a mistake on occasion, it's also up to the collector to know how they spend their money and on what.

Olaf is a good dealer from my experience and I suggest every effort is made to resolve the problem before a derogatory thread is created and members with no experience of dealing with a particular person all jump in with their opinions.
    As always, make informed comments that you can back up, if you don't know, don't post.
    i second that bought many times there never a problem.

Quote by Jan View Post
    Dear Erno,

Refunds? Really... The truth is that the only way to go is to learn about the things you are about to buy. This site has all you need to know if you are willing to do some research yourself first. Then after you have done the research buy the item, still thereīs always a chance You will get fooled. Learning from your mistakes is essential in the business of collecting WW2 militaria. Expecting a refund is, in my opinion being overly optimistic.

Best,

Jan
    I agree! It is not just a sellers responsability!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I agree! It is not just a sellers responsability!
    |<
    To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that a seller shoulders all the responsibility for everything a collector buys. Rather, I was saying that it's unfair to judge the honesty of a seller by the fact that one or two items they're selling aren't real, especially if that seller will give a refund if and when those items are found to not be genuine.

Personally, I don't buy anything unless: 1) I know what it is and feel comfortable, 2) I have asked someone who does or 3) the price is low enough so that it doesn't matter. In the latter case, I am fully expecting a fake but hoping for genuine, and I am also prepared to lose my money completely if it is a fake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast