MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I can't seem to find this Kriegsmarine stick pin elsewhere - is it especially rare?

Article about: Haven't seen this one elsewhere.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Be safe Michael. Are you going to search for Militaria while there?
    I'm hearing that most items to be found are fake so will probably steer clear but you never know.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I can't seem to find this Kriegsmarine stick pin elsewhere - is it especially rare?
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    Yes, the pin is for U-boat workers and the example that started this thread is one that I would not be happy with at all.

Regards,
    Jody
    Last edited by Jody; 11-21-2014 at 02:25 AM.

seen it in a pic on a person.

Uh, guys... this pin came from a non-combat family member who maintained heavy machinery. The pin stayed in the family this whole time - I just didn't know what exactly it meant as the whole subject never really interested me. At this point, I'm busy figuring out what to throw away and what to sell.

All I know is that he was forced to walk on huge sprockets, many meters wide and grease them as they turned, without slipping and falling to his bloody death. This apparently happened quite a lot to people like him.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    It is German nazi u-boat submarine workers stick pin and the one you have is a replica / repro. Here is one in Brass that I think is the real deal. I have seen them just occasionally so relatively rare. Some people have had them for sale from $200-$350. Whether they get that is another question. This one is online currently for $350. There is no makers mark. I believe these were brass and then plated. We had one in our collection about 10 years ago and I think I sold in a tinnie lot for next to nothing. OOPS! Dumb Head!
    The same one currently on WAF Estand at $250.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Forgive me if I may add a "Few comments".. Provenance outweighs all "Stories" My Dads cousin sister Betty "Said" etc; etc; When I was younger and attended shows I would bring a paper sack and buy the least expensive K98 Bayo I could find and put it in the bag and go to booths and act like the "Sap" who was selling "Grandpa's" relic.. I did this most of the day over and over, until I made $20-30.00 more than I went with then made a purchase I wanted...We all want to believe stories and when I first became a member I felt that some were harsh as to say up front "Skip the C**P", but now I understand.. This is in no means of reflection of Collects item... But authenticity sometimes is not what were led to belive and can be a let down or a great find !!....Just my two cents...G

Hi Gwar,

I'd be a sap if I blindly believed what anonymous people were saying on the Internet, over what I heard from my own family member, without being presented actual evidence.

Just my 2 cents.

I can't seem to find this Kriegsmarine stick pin elsewhere - is it especially rare?

?

Touche..

?

Collects, I am merely a member of many that only try to help others in the collecting field of "War Relics".. I hope I did not offend you personally as that was not my intent.. I look forward to many new posts by you in the future and look forward to such ...G

Gwar, I'm not offended at all.
    It's just my character to need more evidence before I believe something and also give more evidence when I would like someone else to believe something. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast