Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I could use some help with Identification of items

Article about: Here is more stuff from this soldiers collection . The woman said her husband claimed that German soldiers would break the tip off of bayonets after they killed an enemy , but I wonder if he

markydee
    ?

Default I could use some help with Identification of items

Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong thread...I have some items that I am selling for a widow of a WW2 US Vet. I usually sell and research items on Ebay , but I guess they don't allow items with certain symbols. So I was hoping some of you could help me with Identifying and perhaps some advice on how to sell the items and their value.The Big swastika is 44 inches across, I think they cut it out of a flag, but maybe one of you might know for sure , it is signed by us service people that the man who owned this served with, he stormed the beaches on D-day and he brought back these items along with a bayonet and a few other things that I put on Ebay..Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

2. # ADS

Default Re: I could use some help with Identification of items

Hi Markydee, welcome to the forum!

The good news is that all are nice original items.

I cannot help on values.

But you have a gold wound badge in the first picture.

The Heer (Army) shoulder strap is from the 69th Inf Regt. The next three cloth items are Heer rank insignia worn on the arm, together with a red Luftwaffe Flak collar tab with an incorrectly placed rank "gull". The metal badge is a tinnie rally badge, details of which are written on it.

Next you have an Close Combat clasp in bronze, Police Long service medal, Infantry and Panzer assualt badges.

Unissued Heer breast eagle, HJ membership pin, WHW donation pin, NSDAP membership badge.

Unissued Hitler Youth sports shirt insignia.

The swastika is indeed taken from part of a larger flag.

Final item is a Hitler Youth armband.

Cheers, Ade.

markydee
    ?

Thanks for all that info I wish I could keep this stuff , it just feels like history in my hands.

My pleasure!

I know exactly how you feel. Indeed, it is history in your hands

You are welcome to sell for free here on the forum. Now you know what you have you can research prices. I am sure some of the members here would be very happy to buy them all.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Mark,with pics of the reverse of the awards a better idea of what they are & their value. Regards Stewy S

Hi Mark

I agree with stewy...Reverse pics of the badges would help in identifying if they are indeed good ones and who the maker is.

Best Regards, fischer

markydee
    ?

here are the reverses of the medals, also I included a couple patches and a golf club...I havent been able to find out anything about the golf club.....thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

Hi Mark

Your IAB is a Vienna Design, unknown maker referred to as a Pillow Crimp. I think it's bronze grade.

The CCC is a bronze grade JFS

The PAB looks to be a H. Aurich example. Can you post a pic with the pin folded back completely with your focus on the hinge?

The Police I'm not sure of as I have not studied these.

Best Regards, fischer

Oops, forgot the wound badge...

It's a '30' Hauptmunzamt Gold WB in tombak. Very nice condition.

Congrats.

Best Regards, fischer

markydee
    ?

Thanks for the info Fischer.... Here are some pics of the reverse of the Panzer medal , atleast I think this is the Panzer one... Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast