Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2

Article about: Hey guys, a few years ago I was fortunate enough to acquire a very rare medal. It is a German Mother's Cross Type 1 class 2 (silver). I am planning to finally sell it because I am seeking ot

Grim Reaper
    ?

Post I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2

Hey guys, a few years ago I was fortunate enough to acquire a very rare medal. It is a German Mother's Cross Type 1 class 2 (silver). I am planning to finally sell it because I am seeking other pieces. I have an idea of the market value, but mine seems to not be in the best condition and I do not have the original award box. I have never seen this type of medal before and neither has any dealers or collectors that I sent pictures of it to. So they could not give me accurate estimates other than $2000+. I would appreciate any help or offers for anybody that would like to have it. Thanks

I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-11-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

Default Re: I need help pricing/selling a German Mother's Cross TYPE 1 Class 2

id say around £3750 very nice medal
    tom

?

Thanks for showing, never seen one of these before, it must be very rare

Hi Grim

I am sorry but I believe that cross is a poor fake. Its is meant to be a very rare first pattern Mothers Cross !

The writing should be etched like this example IMO

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Wow, thats a nice medal if its original.

cheers,
    -patrick

?

Quote by Grim Reaper View Post
    Hey guys, a few years ago I was fortunate enough to acquire a very rare medal. It is a German Mother's Cross Type 1 class 2 (silver). I am planning to finally sell it because I am seeking other pieces. I have an idea of the market value, but mine seems to not be in the best condition and I do not have the original award box. I have never seen this type of medal before and neither has any dealers or collectors that I sent pictures of it to. So they could not give me accurate estimates other than $2000+. I would appreciate any help or offers for anybody that would like to have it. Thanks

I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2I need help pricing/selling a Mutterkreuz TYPE 1 Class 2
    Sorry but this cross is a very poor fake and therefore worthless.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Sorry but this cross is a very poor fake and therefore worthless.
    I agree.. Sorry.

Hi
    What a shame the top cross isnt original, i notice that the etching was done within the mould and not on the cross itself. As in nick,s case, Also you can see the finish isnt as crisp as it should be
    i hope it wasnt to expensive to buy.
    dave.

As said above, the cross is very poorly made. On the front
    where the disc was applied is incorrect as well..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Grim Reaper
    ?

Thanks guys. I was very skeptical of it myself. The inscription on the back is crooked and it appears to me to be too big for the medal. I payed $130.00 for it, and when I got home I found out that the inscription matched with the Type 1. So I have been trying to get it checked out to make sure, but I see from the real one that mine is 99% chance fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast