Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

I need more help

Article about: these are some medals and tinnies i couldn't find anything on, can anybody help me???Thanks in advance

garym1967
    ?

Default I need more help

these are some medals and tinnies i couldn't find anything on, can anybody help me???Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need more help   I need more help  

I need more help   I need more help  

I need more help  

2. # ADS

Default Re: I need more help

Hi Gary, the two eagle buttons are actually WW2 American.

When a man left the armed forices he was still allowed to wear his uniform for a short time. In order to show he was no longer in the Services and subject to military Law, a diamond shaped cloth patch was sewn over the left breast of the uniform. The GI's called this eagle the "Ruptured Duck" as it did not look much like an eagle What you have is a pair of pins which could be worn on civillian clothes to show the man was an ex serviceman.

Next item is a pin for the DAF, the German Labour Front. This was the Nazi trade union to which all had to belong.

The one top far right is some kind of 4th Prize medal. This is not military or political. The top part reads "4th Prize plate 1928" The first word reads "Schwalbe" something..... "Schwalbe" is Swallow in German as in the bird? "Hohenfurch" is a town. My German is self taught, so this is the best I can do.

Botton left is a tinnie celebrating 10 Years of the Nazi party in the town of Neustadt.

The "Iron Cross" shaped medal is a commemorative non official medal given or more likely purchased by WW1 Veterans of the Bavarian Infantry Regt 22. These kind of things were popular after WW1 and were really vanity items. WW1 Vets did not get campaign medals and the like, so the market catered for them in the form of these type of things.

Cheers, Ade.

PS> I see you have posted your pics OK this time. Easy once you know how.

garym1967
    ?

Default Re: I need more help

Thanks so much for your help, it has been very interesting learning about these medals and awards, and yes it was easy once I made the pics smaller like you said and found the right spot to put them in, I was trying to insert them here in the message box..(brain fart)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.