Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Just Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine

Article about: Hello all, Im new to this forum, and have some interest in German WWII Items, but was to scared to buy because of all the fakes out there. Just want to post two new things I picked up this w

?

Default Just Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine

Hello all,

Im new to this forum, and have some interest in German WWII Items, but was to scared to buy because of all the fakes out there.
    Just want to post two new things I picked up this weekend. Please let me know what you think.
    The first one is a Luftwaffe Flak Badge.
    Just Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and KriegsmarineJust Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine

Here is Kriegsmarine High Seas Fleet Badge
    Just Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and KriegsmarineJust Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Just Picked up Two Badges, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I believe both of your badges to be original examples. They are both in zinc, the Flakkampfabzeichen by Assmann and the Flottenkriegsabzeichen by Schwerin.
    Check the reverse of the eagle on the Flak badge, Assmann were the only maker to my knowledge to mark both the eagle and the main part of the badge.

It can be a bit daunting to collect German WW2 items but not enough that it should put you off. Joining the forum is a good move, there are some great guys here who can help and advise you on any potential purchases. Don't be afraid to ask questions and post things to be sure before you part with any money.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you for the input. Im looking at the Eagle right now but I do not see a marking on the eagle but there is the "A" on the artillery piece.

Hello TR1991,
    As Adrian has mentioned your Assmann flak badge is a nice original badge in zinc. One thing to watch out for on Assmann zinc flak badges is the stress lines at the back of the wreath (visible on your badge) caused by the cooling and stress when the badge has been die cast. This is not normally seen on reproduction badges.
    The Schwerin Kriegsmarine High seas fleet looks good to me. Always look for the over gilding on the back of the wreath...this is very hard to reproduce
    All the best
    Doug