Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen.

Article about: These are probably one of the most undesireable awards in the whole of the TR collecting field for whatever reason. Maybe the lack of swastika or maybe they don't inspire collectors as they

?

Default Re: Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen.

These are probably one of the most undesireable awards in the whole of the TR collecting field for whatever reason. Maybe the lack of swastika or maybe they don't inspire collectors as they are a fairly 'bland' design and not the best executed (in my opinion). I feel they missed a trick with these badges, they could've made them a whole lot better when you put them alongside other 'qualification' or merit awards.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    These are probably one of the most undesireable awards in the whole of the TR collecting field for whatever reason. Maybe the lack of swastika or maybe they don't inspire collectors as they are a fairly 'bland' design and not the best executed (in my opinion). I feel they missed a trick with these badges, they could've made them a whole lot better when you put them alongside other 'qualification' or merit awards.
    Like the poor old Dental Corps that used to get booed when they marched ( so I was told ) the drivers were an integral part of the army - horse drawn or mechanised - but didn't get the respect they deserved ....... same as today, engineers vs salesmen - who gets the glory? ( and bottles of wine at Xmas ) ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Like the poor old Dental Corps that used to get booed when they marched ( so I was told ) the drivers were an integral part of the army - horse drawn or mechanised - but didn't get the respect they deserved ....... same as today, engineers vs salesmen - who gets the glory? ( and bottles of wine at Xmas ) ...
    I do Dan mmmmmmmmmm yum yum

?

Thanks for all your comments......it's still a great badge, just like Army drivers, understated and not flashy! Just getting the job done

Just thought I would re-energize this old thread with a recent pickup of a silver version of ( as has been said ) "one of the most undesireable awards in the whole of the TR collecting field"

Still, there are some of us who cheer for the underdog

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen.   Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen.  

We don't see alot of these get posted and I always tell myself that I should collect the Gold?Silver/Bronze one day but never get around to it.

Curious to read that these are faked alot?

If so, what are the things to watch out for?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Curious to read that these are faked alot?
    Me too Glenn - why bother faking them?? they aren't expensive ( this one cost me $20 incl. postage )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2