Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer (Aux Cruiser Ward badge) - Real?

Article about: G'day All Long time viewing, second time posting...whew!! I'm on fire today. Any thoughts on the attached screenshots of the Kriegsmarine Auxilliary Cruiser Badge (Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfsk

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer (Aux Cruiser Ward badge) - Real?

G'day All
    Long time viewing, second time posting...whew!! I'm on fire today.

Any thoughts on the attached screenshots of the Kriegsmarine Auxilliary Cruiser Badge (Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer)?

I've recently picked up a couple of decent Kriegsmarine awards (from a different seller) but have left this one alone. It's from a local dealer (Australia) and it's at a reasonable price; unfortunately I don't have a higher-res image.

It looks alright to me, but I know that these fellows were not as common as some of the other KM awards. There appears to be some sort of marking on the rear face. Does the ping configuration hold true for this style of badge?

I've had a look at Ade's great post at https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...ar-badge-1057/

Cheers
    Jimbo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer (Aux Cruiser Ward badge) - Real?   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer (Aux Cruiser Ward badge) - Real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer (Aux Cruiser Ward badge) - Real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer (Aux Cruiser Ward badge) - Real?

Any chance of getting better pictures?

Hi Stuka :-)
    Unfortunately not at the moment, I'll have to email for closeup photos. They're listed on an Australian Auction site (yeah, I know...beware the auction sites - LOL)

What are your general thoughts on its configuration? The detail looks a little 'soft' to me, and I can't think what the text on the back might be - doesn't look like a maker mark....almost looks like a couple of numbers, but not done by machine tooling.

Cheers,
    Jimbo

Quote by JimboCymru View Post
    Hi Stuka :-)
    Unfortunately not at the moment, I'll have to email for closeup photos. They're listed on an Australian Auction site (yeah, I know...beware the auction sites - LOL)

What are your general thoughts on its configuration? The detail looks a little 'soft' to me, and I can't think what the text on the back might be - doesn't look like a maker mark....almost looks like a couple of numbers, but not done by machine tooling.

Cheers,
    Jimbo
    I am no expert, but one thing I know is to stay away of any item with soft details. Also bad pictures are a bad sign. I don't know for the marks on the back.

Thanks mate, thinking the same way myself :-)

Jimbo

Don't touch it mate,details far too soft,pin too thin & hardware wrong. Stewy S