Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch

Article about: by Anubis Well. As a Juncker addict I can't agree with Adrian with that of course. Okey, right there are some makers out there which have nicer minesweeper product, but not just the design i

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch

I am looking at this worn zincer on klaus' site.

It looks fine from my comparisons but as I am new to badges I would appreciate an experts confirmation too please

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch

I think an original badge, but I am not sure with the catch, I have never seen this catch on a Schwerin badge. The catch has the same patina of the badge so it might be a wartime replacement or a very old repair for sure.

Now thats interesting, thanks Janos

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

An original badge Nick but as János says, the catch is not what you would expect to see on a Schwerin badge. Do a search for mine and you can see what is the normal configuration.
    I will also say that you can find these in better condition. This one only has about 20% of the finish remaining and if it was my money, I would hold out for a better looking example.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian, I will take your advice

Nick

?

If you just want a single representitive example Nick, look further than Schwerin. There are finer makers of these badges out there IMO. Schwerin are hyped like Juncker, you pay a premium for a badge which isn't as nice as some others.

?

Well. As a Juncker addict I can't agree with Adrian with that of course. Okey, right there are some makers out there which have nicer minesweeper product, but not just the design is important but the condition and finding a Juncker in mint condition is very hard IMO. Schwerin is a top Kriegsmarine maker in my opinion, only his Sub badge is a bit weird, but Schwerin minesweepers are common and can be find in good condition many times, although yes a bit high, but a mint RK or Assmann are also expensive. If you want only one, get that one which you think have the best design.
    Oh and one more thing about Kriegsmarine badges. Buy tombak variants, a gold gilding on a zinc badge can't rival against a tombak fire gilding.

Excellent advice guys, thank you.

I notice Walter & Henlein make this award too, is this a scarce maker ?

Nick

?

Are you sure Nick? Don't you mean Wilhelm Hobacher?

?

Yes, Hobacher made the award, Henlein didn't. Stamped with WH on the pin or else unmarked. I've posted my unmarked badge here before.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast