Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände

Article about: If it was repainted, it looks to have probably been done period. I would not worry too highly over this discrepancy.

?

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände

Hi
    what are your thoughts on this mine sweeper badge its marked RK
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-U-Boots Jagd und Sicherungsverbände

Hi

In my opinion it look like a nice R.K zinc example.

Wait for Adrian to confirm it though as he is a collector of these and I am not.

Cameron

Looks ok to me,there is a thread here on the forum as a reference for these badges.Have a look there just may be an example of the type you have posted to compare with.

It is fine. But I might question the finish.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is fine. But I might question the finish.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi

I agree with you there it does look a bit odd....possible post war refinishing?

Cameron

Thats what I think Cameron.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

HI
    thank you all for the help on these badges the last few days
    I learned alot thanks to you guys
    Tony

?

Good original zinc Karneth. The finish from the front looks ok but the over paint on the back is unusual for a zincer. I'll see if I can find any other pieces with this.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I've had a look but can find no other zinc examples with this kind of over paint on the reverse so it really does appear as though this one has been repainted.

These are a very common badge and maker so I would pass and wait for an untouched piece.

For completeness, this is version 3.1.6, 'level 5' if you want to reference it on the minesweeper classification table.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

not bad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast