Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

Article about: Hello again, another plea for somebody to give this an appraisal. Like my U-boat badge, I've had it for a while now, but have never asked anyone to check it out. If it is real, could anyone

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

Hello again, another plea for somebody to give this an appraisal. Like my U-boat badge, I've had it for a while now, but have never asked anyone to check it out. If it is real, could anyone give me a rough idea of it's value please? And, again like my U-boat badge, should I try to clean it? Thanks again gents!

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

Good original badge.

No cleaning needed. If you wish, you could give it a very careful rub over with some Vaseline as there is some evidence of "Zink Pest" on the reverse. This will help slow this down.

As always, I leave values to others, as mine from the same maker, cost £16 thirty odd years ago....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

Yes, a good zinc Karneth badge. Please do not clean it. There is nothing to clean, you will never make it look like new and will most probably make it look worse. The condition is fine but I second Ade's advice about the vaseline. Value? Between £70-£100 at a very rough guess. Quite a common maker to find, take a look at some dealer sites and you can get a good idea of the current market value.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you again Ade and Adrian, and I will only use vaseline, or, as I have heard from another collector, olive oil (?) to try to slow down the zinc rust. Adrian, can you tell me what you mean by a Karneth badge please? Once again, I'm glad my bargain spotting prowess enabled me to obtain this for 15 euros

The maker is RK = Rudolf Karneth.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Rudolf Karneth= (R.K makers mark). Stewy

Most appreciated gents!

?

Sorry, I should have made it clearer the maker is Rudolf Karneth but the guys have tidied that on up. I have heard of olive oil being used but vaseline is the most commonly used substance for reducing the effect of zinc pest.
    Where on earth did you pick up a genuine badge for 15€?

Ebay Germany, years ago, it was pulled after about two hours because of the culturally insensitive swastika, BUT!! I searched his other ebay-ok items, and asked him a question on one of them about if he still wanted to sell it, and he said Ja! He then also sent me the scan of his U-boat badge, same price! He only had a feedback of seven, and I don't think he really knew what he was selling

?

Gobsmacked but pleased for you! It's always good to read stories of collectors who got a good deal for a change! It makes a change from the doom and gloom of buying fakes and getting ripped off. Congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast