Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake

Article about: I am not sure how i feel about this one... what do you guys think? I am afraid half of the badges i found in my friends father's house are all old 70s-80s copies.

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake

I am not sure how i feel about this one... what do you guys think? I am afraid half of the badges i found in my friends father's house are all old 70s-80s copies.

Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or FakeKriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or FakeKriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or FakeKriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-23-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake
    P
    Many

?

The fact that half the medals are fake 70's copies aren't a good sign. However it doesn't make them all fakes. I've seen real and fakes mixed together in the same lot before.
    As for the authenticity of this? I have no comment.

I am not saying they all are, i am just a little worried, since there are some fantasy pieces and obvious fakes of rare medals such as the Silver Spanish Cross with Swords. Any thoughts on this one?

?

Try doing some research on these. If you don't have reference books on hand then google this award. Or use our search engine here on the forum.

?

Ok, I did one minute of online research and found these images. I hope they will help you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake  Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake  Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake  Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake  Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake  Kriegsabzeichen fur den Marine Artillerie - Real or Fake 

?

The original designer of the badge was the firm of Otto Placzek of Berlin: initially the first badges were struck by the company of Schwerin & Sohn in Berlin: later examples bear other makers. One should note that most badges bearing an ‘RS’ hallmark are considered suspect by many collectors. I hope this helps you.
    Dean.

OK. Thank you, the information is much appreciated.

?

Not a problem. That's what we are here for. Sometimes we get a bit coarse after a while. When you see the same thing over and over you kind of 'nut up' If you will.. No worries, my friend. I hope to see you around here more.
    Dean

I can see where you are coming from and completely understand! Thanks for the quick and helpful responses!

?

Not a problem, my friend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast