Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I need your opinion about this CAB. The maker is Fec.Otto Placek - Berlin - ausf C.E.Juncker - Berlin, I would like to know if this badge is a fake because harware doesn't fit with

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?

Hi guys, I need your opinion about this CAB. The maker is Fec.Otto Placek - Berlin - ausf C.E.Juncker - Berlin, I would like to know if this badge is a fake because harware doesn't fit with of this manufacturer.

Thanks for your help!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum. About this badge has been already discussed at German combat awards and on Wehrmacht awards forum. I just can say once again that I really dont like it. And as Norm already pointed out some details are looking soft and not as it should be looking, like on standard original example. Its a questionable item.

Best regards,
    Franko

The details look soft on the obverse, but the reverse looks to be good hardware to me? I'm interested to know what doesn't match up.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Nick

Looks like a Juncker type 2 in zinc. I see no issues with it. I would like to know what does not match up too

I have also compared the thread on WAF - i can see there are possible discrepancies with the badge edge and the pin.
    But possibly a good item - interested to hear from Norm or Martin on this?

Franko - i'm unable to access GCA.

Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick,

I am not sure but probably someone should be registered member on GCA to access to any thread there.

Best regards,
    Feanko

MAP
    ?

I would trust Norm and Martin's opinion on these (they opined in the other threads). So for those that don't have access to these two sites, the initial consensus is that it is a tough call and better photos were needed. After some better photos (but still not sufficient) he felt it stands a chance. To paraphrase "probably fine but better photos were needed". Apologies in advance to Norm for quoting him from another forum.

(note, I'm quoting from the GCA thread which is the most up to date.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This was written by Philippe DB - who wrote those fabulous books we all use as reference...........

Indeed tricky, if this indeed is a fake it is very well done and I can't but wonder why we didn't see more of them pop up by now.

@Martin the pin indeed is different and also doesn't feature the typical Juncker rising pin tip. Clearly visible in your compare.

For sure a badge to keep in mind.

And from Martin W

This badge was discussed on another forum and i have to agree with some of the issues pointed out by Norm.

The details and outlines look soft as does the maker mark,next to a known zinc original shown in the image below,provided by Norm.

The mainpin also appears wider than that seen on other zinc originals.

Perhaps a late war production piece from a worn die,hard to say ??

Cheers,Martin.

It's above my remit, so I hope this sheds some light. Some really interesting comments all over - truth is if you're happy, then really that's all that matters - unless you are buying to re-sell of course

?

Hi Guys,

What I said to escipion in the past thread(s) is that it's probably good, but it's hard to be absolutely sure on these photos. The fuzzy obverse and no good straight-on pin-down view leaves a view doubts. Nowadays in this hobby, we need sharp well-lit photos of obverse, reverse and hardware like the one attached (although admittedly the forum software limits the resolution) to properly study a badge that we don't have in hand. Ideally one would also include extra closeups of the margins but I realize they're a bit harder to obtain. And USB microscope photos are definitive if one has the technology.

Anyway, because of the soft details I agree with Martin when he says: "Perhaps a late war production piece from a worn die,hard to say ??"

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast