Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin

Article about: Hello, this is last Kriegmarine badge, from "old collector", I don´t have photo of another badge from this producer which is authentic, but, when I look closely to details I think

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin

Hello, this is last Kriegmarine badge, from "old collector", I don´t have photo of another badge from this producer which is authentic, but, when I look closely to details I think it is reproduction. Please can you tell me your opinion about this badge?

Thanks for your time and help!

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin
    P
    Many

Hi Peter,

Again a '"No" from me. There is a chronic lack of detail on the obverse side, and it's also far too "soft" in appearance compared to originals.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Peter, Ned is spot on I'm afraid, the front lacks real quality, especially in the sea area under the waves. The reverse shows classic signs of having come from a cast mould. Leon.

I agree that the obverse details look weak on this badge but the reverse view is quite convincing and the maker mark looks spot on IMO.
    If it is a fake,then it's a damn good one.

I'd like to see a reverse shot that shows the mainpin down.

Regards,Martin.

imo it's ok it's just had a very hard battered life hence the lack of detail.been sliding about in a draw or a tin with other items.

My main concern was the apparent lack of detail, especially as the gun mount seems to be missing and the rivet detail in front of the breech block seems to be absent. Is this indicative of a light strike or simply a poorly taken photo? I agree with Martin that a pic of the pin closed would probably confirm it one way or another.

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin BerlinKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by martinw View Post
    I agree that the obverse details look weak on this badge but the reverse view is quite convincing and the maker mark looks spot on IMO.
    If it is a fake,then it's a damn good one.

I'd like to see a reverse shot that shows the mainpin down.

Regards,Martin.
    Hi Martin, I do see what you are saying, the makers mark is spot on, but for me I just cannot see the Schwerin "quality" in the front details. I do not think that the weak details are down to being knocked about and worn in a drawer as Harry suggests as the finish is pretty well intact? Maybe it is just a poor "strike" but I would not be happy paying out for it myself. Leon.

EDIT: By the way Ned, I went to the Scott Institute in Cambridge a couple of weeks ago, a very interesting little museum!

At the moment i am not disagreeing with any of the above comments.Yes,the obverse detail is questionable.

I think more detailed images of the obverse and the reverse hardware will tell us more.I would like to see close up's of the hinge and catch areas and,as mentioned,a shot of the mainpin.

Regards,Martin.

?

Hi Guys,

To me, an original zincer in not great condition. Later zinc Schwerin's were not great quality and didn't age well.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

I think Schwerin may have used only one set of dies for the production of the Marineartillerie badge.

So perhaps a late zincer here,as mentioned by Norm and we are seeing the results of a worn obverse die ??

Cheers,Martin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast