Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine schutzenschnur

Article about: Would like opinions on the following please. Is the stitching for the badge original?

?

Default Kriegsmarine schutzenschnur

Would like opinions on the following please. Is the stitching for the badge original period? I have seen this color and a few different variations.

Kriegsmarine schutzenschnurKriegsmarine schutzenschnurKriegsmarine schutzenschnurKriegsmarine schutzenschnur

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine schutzenschnur
    P
    Many

I am not sure but I would expect the pins have been broken off and the shield was stitched on after.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Also wondering about the grey looking threads on the back?
    Here is a pic of one in use borrowed from WAF.

Kriegsmarine schutzenschnur

The grey looking threads are likely remnants of the stitching for the backing material.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The grey looking threads are likely remnants of the stitching for the backing material.
    Ralph.
    I was also thinking that. Thank you Ralph.

?

Hi Guys,

These "Level 3" lanyards are always difficult to judge since they're often put together later from original separate components. Also it's unusual for a KM Schützenschnur to have a felt backing on the rosette (unlike the Heer version) so I'm not sure what that old threading was from.

I'm leary of the gold acorn. Notice the shield and the Schnur itself are heavily worn and yet the finish on the acorn looks quite intact. When you compare it to an unworn original level 3 acorn you can see that the texture of the finish is quite different so you have to wonder if it was refinished at some point to make it gold.

I think the components are all original but I suspect it was put together later, and the acorn possibly refinished. Of course you can't rule out it being done by the original owner himself -- you'll never know.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine schutzenschnur  

?

My personal feeling is that it is a put together. I see glue on the back, so probably out of a collection.

The lanyard looks too new to me in comparison to the metal parts. Also I can not see how the device hanger is attached, looks all funky to me.

Thanks for all the help guys. Obviously going to pass on this one.