Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Krim by Orth

Article about: Here's a Krim I've had for a while. I like the detail from this manufacturer. Rob.

Default Krim by Orth

Here's a Krim I've had for a while. I like the detail from this manufacturer.

Rob.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim by Orth
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Krim by Orth

Absolutely admirable! Very nice details - what are the characteristics that make it an Orth manufactured Krim shield?

Thanks for the reply!

There are many features that identify Orth as the manufacture. The most reliable is that Orth shields are maker marked. If I were to pull the backing and plate off this one, I'd see this.

Another key feature on this Orth variant is the side tabs. Orth was the only manufacturer (I know of) that used side tabs to fasten the Krim shield to the back plate, and not all of Orth's shields utilized side tabs, but they have the same obverse features. Once you become familiar with Orth Krims, they have distinctive eagle heads and feet. Some coast line features are unique to Orth as well as the smooth stipling to the sea.

Kind regards,
    Rob.

?

Excellent - thanks for the information, Rob!
    I got one, but certainly not from Orth, hence not as well refined as yours. I'll watch out on the market to see if I can find one!

Bye,

Gh.

?

I'm the first to admit my knowledge of the shields is virtually zero so I enjoy threads that show the details with good photos and an explanation of individual maker characteristics. Thank you for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

No problem guys! I used to be big into shields, not so much any more. I still enjoy them, however.

Here are some photos I ripped from the net long ago showing the components of this Orth variant. The close-up of the makers mark I posted above is from this set.

Here is the Orth variant with the typical prongs on the reverse.

Rob.