Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Krim shield

Article about: Hi there. Could I please have a few more opinions on this Krim shield? To me it looks ok, it has the 6 towns marked, the line on each feather is present and it has the notch under the wreath

Default Krim shield

Hi there. Could I please have a few more opinions on this Krim shield? To me it looks ok, it has the 6 towns marked, the line on each feather is present and it has the notch under the wreath. It's just the backing that I haven't seen before. It's green like the Heer is supposed to be but I've never seen one this green before. I've been after a shield like this ever since I read 'In deadly combat' and read what these soldats went through. Hopefully I'm right and it's a good one! Many thanks for looking. Jay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim shield   Krim shield  

Last edited by LondonJay; 08-21-2010 at 09:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim shield
    P
    Many

Default Re: Krim shield

Any thoughts guys please??

Jay..i like this shield but what is the material on the back?...is it paper or what...maybe this was added for some type of reinforcement of the original backing?,,,

?

It almost looks like book binding tape. I would say it's been post war added, to stop the shield from coming apart. In the end though, the shield looks good, and the cloth is there.

Matthew

Thanks guys, thats wot thru me, the backing. Think I'm gunna hold out 4 a 100% original 1. And I think I've found it, cheaper 2!!