Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Krim Shield???

Article about: Hi guys, Any thoughts on this Krim shield?

Default Krim Shield???

Hi guys,

Any thoughts on this Krim shield?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield???   Krim Shield???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Shield???
    P
    Many

I'm not too well versed in Krim's. I'm not keen on this one. Someone more knowledgeable will be along soon. Stewy

it looks a good one Lenny.imo.

HI Lenny,

It's a fake. The shield is a magnetic cast copy of the type 3.7 Krim Schilde by an unknown maker. The Rust & Hetzel stamp is spurious as there's no evidence they ever produced Krim Schildes.

The pertinent points that mark this out as a fake I've highlighted here, namely the weird "Helmet" ( it's commonly referred to as the "Helmet Fake"), and the lack of any veins on the wing feathers as are found on the original type 3.7 I show here for comparison.

Krim Shield???Krim Shield???

It should be noted there are a lot of these particular fakes around with varying finishes and cloth backing for the three services. Sorry the pic is blurred, but they are the same fakes as above.

Krim Shield???

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned, another day another lesson... 👍🏼

Quote by Lenny Warren View Post
    Cheers Ned, another day another lesson... 👍🏼
    No problem old chap. It's not a bad effort for a fake and resides in many a collection of the uninitiated unfortunately.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    No problem old chap. It's not a bad effort for a fake and resides in many a collection of the uninitiated unfortunately.....
    I imagine so.... I don't collect them, but have a summer tunic that has had one on it, been removed post war so want to replace it...

Quote by big ned View Post
    HI Lenny,

It's a fake. The shield is a magnetic cast copy of the type 3.7 Krim Schilde by an unknown maker. The Rust & Hetzel stamp is spurious as there's no evidence they ever produced Krim Schildes.

The pertinent points that mark this out as a fake I've highlighted here, namely the weird "Helmet" ( it's commonly referred to as the "Helmet Fake"), and the lack of any veins on the wing feathers as are found on the original type 3.7 I show here for comparison.

Krim Shield???Krim Shield???/.../

Regards, Ned.
    And please look at this crooked swastika: almost each arm has different lentgh and width ...

reagrds
    Tomasz

Quote by tompress View Post
    And please look at this crooked swastika: almost each arm has different lentgh and width ...

reagrds
    Tomasz
    Oh yes..., Gosh, I forgot to mention that, thanks.