Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Krim Shield

Article about: I was interested in buying this Krim shield but I'm not familiar with all the characteristics of the campaign shields. This one is being offered by a reputable dealer online (no more ebay fo

?

Default Krim Shield

I was interested in buying this Krim shield but I'm not familiar with all the characteristics of the campaign shields. This one is being offered by a reputable dealer online (no more ebay for me) I can't provide anymore photo's. It looks right based on what I've seen in reference books with a wool backing, zinc plate, and flat prongs. But maybe I'm missing something obvious. Any opinions are appreciated. Also what would be a reasonable price range for something like this. Thanks, Al.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Krim Shield

All I hear is crickets. Have I been kicked out of the sand box ?

Al,

I don't remember how to tell, I have it somewhere but I think its the thickness of the wings and a town missing off the map.

What I don't like is the shoulders of the wings don't look too symetrical near the eagles head? I'm sure someone will put you right in due course and I hope its right for you!

Regards

Jock

?

Hello Jock, you might be right I have been researching it but I can only compare it to pictures. I've never held one. The wings concerned me too but maybe it's the angle of the picture. Also the lack of paper backing which I suppose could have been removed but it looks too new and no residue on the back. The one's I've seen also seem to have much shorter prongs. I think I'll pass on this. Thanks, Al

?

Ii found this description

"The body of the shield is decorated with a map of the Crimea. The details on the map include the rivers, and six main cities in the area (denoted by a circle). The word “KRIM” is also imprinted on the map. Around the whole shield, up to the eagles’ wings, is an edge with a small intrusion, with the left side of the map protruding into this edge."

I only see five circles.

Hi Aldo, try and get some decent straight on pics, these taken at an angle are no good. I have some concerns about this one.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Ade, thanks for the info. I think your concerns are founded. I will pass on it. Thanks, Al.

Hi Al.....Ade's right, this shields a copy of the one below....the copy omits the notch in the coastline under the wreath.

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000 6.jpg 
Views:	1237 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	43609  

?

Hi Peter, thanks. I see the subtle detail now. Amazing. Cheers, Al.