Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Krim Shield

Article about: I was interested in buying this Krim shield but I'm not familiar with all the characteristics of the campaign shields. This one is being offered by a reputable dealer online (no more ebay fo

?

Default Krim Shield

I was interested in buying this Krim shield but I'm not familiar with all the characteristics of the campaign shields. This one is being offered by a reputable dealer online (no more ebay for me) I can't provide anymore photo's. It looks right based on what I've seen in reference books with a wool backing, zinc plate, and flat prongs. But maybe I'm missing something obvious. Any opinions are appreciated. Also what would be a reasonable price range for something like this. Thanks, Al.
    Attached Images Attached Images Krim Shield  Krim Shield  Krim Shield 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Shield
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Krim Shield

All I hear is crickets. Have I been kicked out of the sand box ?

Al,

I don't remember how to tell, I have it somewhere but I think its the thickness of the wings and a town missing off the map.

What I don't like is the shoulders of the wings don't look too symetrical near the eagles head? I'm sure someone will put you right in due course and I hope its right for you!

Regards

Jock

?

Hello Jock, you might be right I have been researching it but I can only compare it to pictures. I've never held one. The wings concerned me too but maybe it's the angle of the picture. Also the lack of paper backing which I suppose could have been removed but it looks too new and no residue on the back. The one's I've seen also seem to have much shorter prongs. I think I'll pass on this. Thanks, Al

?

Ii found this description

"The body of the shield is decorated with a map of the Crimea. The details on the map include the rivers, and six main cities in the area (denoted by a circle). The word “KRIM” is also imprinted on the map. Around the whole shield, up to the eagles’ wings, is an edge with a small intrusion, with the left side of the map protruding into this edge."

I only see five circles.

Hi Aldo, try and get some decent straight on pics, these taken at an angle are no good. I have some concerns about this one.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Ade, thanks for the info. I think your concerns are founded. I will pass on it. Thanks, Al.

Hi Al.....Ade's right, this shields a copy of the one below....the copy omits the notch in the coastline under the wreath.

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield  

?

Hi Peter, thanks. I see the subtle detail now. Amazing. Cheers, Al.