Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Krim shield opinions needed please,

Article about: Hey guys just seen this on a online dealership, its £65 which i guess isn't a bad price but i know that Krim shields can be well faked and im not sure about this one, doesn't the eagles head

Default Krim shield opinions needed please,

Hey guys just seen this on a online dealership, its £65 which i guess isn't a bad price but i know that Krim shields can be well faked and im not sure about this one, doesn't the eagles head look a little funny?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Krim shield opinions needed please,  Krim shield opinions needed please, 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim shield opinions needed please,
    P
    Many

Default Re: Krim shield opinions needed please,

Any opinions people =)
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Any shield guys want to have a crack at this one for young Glen? Do the blobs of solder holding the pins on the back look ok? Does the wear look right?
    I'm a little puzzled by this, the high points look worn as you would expect but does it look a little too good? No dings or scratches, just very even and consistent wear yet the extreme edges are not worn at all?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian, I know that Krim shields can be hard to tell apart but i am puzzled with this one, do you think that £65 is a good price if it is indeed original?
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Hmm. Originals with backing plate and cloth go for between £100 - £150. Taking into account these are missing from this one it might be about right but please wait for some better idea on originality first.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Wow, another very scary Krim Shield. Photo is not very high in quality and I can't enlarge it, but the top of the the thing looks half way decent, especially the numbers. However, seriously lacking detail on the lower half, IMVHO, it's a fake. Very valid points made Adrian about pins and wear. I've seen soldier on these but never that much. It seems that these metal arm sleeves get strange wear because of overcoats etc, rubbing on them.

Jay

Is it the photo or is the 'IM' in 'KRIM' curving down? That would worry me, personally i'd pass on this one.