Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Krim shield original or fake?

Article about: hi all A guy i know in germany has this for sale i know nothing about what to look for on shields. if someone can tell me if this is original or repo please. I have asked for a picture where

Default Krim shield original or fake?

hi all

A guy i know in germany has this for sale i know nothing about what to look for on shields.
    if someone can tell me if this is original or repo please.
    I have asked for a picture where swatstika is not blocked out he said he cannot do that due to laws in germany ?

any help would be great thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim shield original or fake?   Krim shield original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim shield original or fake?
    P
    Many

Imo a good one by an unknown maker (not sure of the cloth backing) regards Paul.

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Imo a good one by an unknown maker (not sure of the cloth backing) regards Paul.
    I agree that the shield is likely a good one though I am not at all happy with that cloth backing. The shape and dimensions look totally wrong.

Don't know why he would say he can't send you an uncensored picture, of course he can.

There are laws against displaying the swastika in Germany which is why they are often seen covered like this but if you register on a dealers site you will see hundreds of uncensored pics on all of them.

I am always very suspicious of any seller who will not provide uncensored pics.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

On second thoughts could you try to get a clearer picture of the eagles head as I'm beginning to think it could be the notorious helmet head fake! The coastline & islands is spot on for an original unkown in my files . Best to be on the safe side & double check mate Regards, Paul

raz
    ?

Are there shields compatible with this area confirmed as good ? I could gladly be wrong but I have not found one .

Hi Raz ,The area you have circled imo has some light coloured discolouration in it (zinc pest ,don't know) if you down load the image & blow it up the image becomes clearer, The badge I find this most compatible with is this one ,identified by Big Ned as a 3.7 by an unknown maker. Obviously much clearer pictures would help but do not (as often happens) appear to be forth coming. looking forward to your thoughts Regards Paul.

Yes, I agree too. Good one with wrong cloth. still unknow maker.

raz
    ?

Thanks Paul , I see what you mean . It had me stumped on that one aspect of the shield and once I saw that area I could not get past it . That's why I like this forum , learning every day . Correct me if I am wrong but is the 3.7 the same as the 1.17 in Sascha Weber's book ? It looks a good match also now that you have clarified the blob for me . I don't have the numbering system you have . Miss Ned for sure .
    Raz

Hi Raz it is imo the 1.17 in Sascha Weber's book, I called it 3.7 as that is what I saved it in my files under following comment made by Big Ned on the Krim Shield I attached,Regards,Paul