Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Krimschild - Deumer

Article about: Another nice battle worn item from David's find. This is a Deumer Krim shield. 99% of the bronze wash is gone and it has just a minimum of what may be zinc pest (which has now been treated w

MAP
    ?

Smile Krimschild - Deumer

Another nice battle worn item from David's find.

This is a Deumer Krim shield. 99% of the bronze wash is gone and it has just a minimum of what may be zinc pest (which has now been treated with a micro layer of Vaseline).

This one has the paper backing but the glue has dried out thus allowing us to see the reverse. This one was only manufactured with 3 pins (not broken) as you can see from the impressions on the reverse of the paper backing. Thanks to Stewy for pointing out that this could be to save time (as the worker were paid by the piece) or to save material. You can also see (as pointed out by Ralph) that one of the prongs was moved at one point a long time ago. The rust stain and the paper backing glue done match up.

All just little tidbits that make this hobby so much fun.

Double click photos to enlarge for better views. You can see traces of the wash on bottom edge and wing tips.

Enjoy!

Michael

Krimschild - Deumer Krimschild - Deumer

Krimschild - Deumer

And together with my others....still an empty spot for a Narvik Shield

Krimschild - Deumer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krimschild - Deumer
    P
    Many

?

Ciao Michel,

Indeed a Deumer Krim schild,
    but as far as i known neved did a Deumer Krim with only 3 prongs, in my opinion one of them was broke.

Best regards
    Nicola

MAP
    ?

Thanks Nicola!!!

If it did break, I think it broke prior to the paper backing being glued on as there is no evidence it ever existed based on the impression left in the glue. Either way, it's not an important issue...just interesting

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Micheal,
    observing the paper you are right, is it not broken, then your theory of the three progns might be right...
    but do not understand why only 3, is a production error? it is a choice of late war?
    normally the shields with 3 prongs have two high and one low holes for them ..
    Really strange and interesting, even though I had never seen a Deumer with 4 holes and 3 prongs

Best regards
    Nicola

MAP
    ?

Stewy has seen this before and noted that it could be due to the fact that the worked who made them, were paid for each piece made, so if they could save a minute, they could produce more.

Or maybe it was material shortage....or maybe it was a poor weld that broke off before final assembly.

we will never know but always wonder....

It's just a unique quirk of this shield.

Hi MAP!

Do you still have this supposedly Deumer's shield? Can you make some pictures of the eagle's left wing ?

This section in particular.. :
    Krimschild - Deumer

Thanks!
    Greg.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Greg735 View Post
    Hi MAP!

Do you still have this supposedly Deumer's shield? Can you make some pictures of the eagle's left wing ?

This section in particular.. :
    Krimschild - Deumer

Thanks!
    Greg.
    I can but away on vacation for a week. What are your concerns?

Thanks for the reply! I don't know yet... It seems this edge have been cut twice?