Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Krimschild - Maedicke?

Article about: I've been looking through the threads on the forum and a number of dealers' websites and I think this Krimschild could be a Maedicke-made piece? It has the characteristic side lugs (their po

Default Krimschild - Maedicke?

I've been looking through the threads on the forum and a number of dealers' websites and I think this Krimschild could be a Maedicke-made piece?
    It has the characteristic side lugs (their positions just about visible from the slight indentations on the side margins at the front - the back is completely covered by material so they are only detectable by feeling the shield outline) and a head that matches the one on 'pantherv's example (on KM backing, posted next to it - I hope my post of his one for comparison is OK). It also appears to have a zinc base where the finish has worn off.
    I would like to know what other members think, please. I can post more close-up photos if they're needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krimschild - Maedicke?   Krimschild - Maedicke?  

Last edited by Yellow3; 09-06-2012 at 05:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krimschild - Maedicke?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Krimschild - Maedicke?

Any thoughts on this one?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello yellow3

I dont know much on these but no one else has replied so, comparing the two shields i do see the indents on the sides, but either they arevery worn down or maybe a different version of the same maker?

also the heads are different imo, again it could be worn but i can't see the mouth as it is on the right shield

Are you sure its a zinc base? A Maedicke should have a sheet steel base which I expect would show corrosion where the bronzed coating has lifted.

Hi Glenn66,
    Thanks for your note. Yes, it is steel! I just took a magnet to it and it attracted it, so not zinc! I had assumed it was zinc by the appearance - never assume anything, I know! There are two tiny patches of corrosion to the exposed metal (next to the '1' and in the loop void of the '9').
    J