Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Krimschild question.

Article about: Hello guys! As I understand, this is rather rare model, usually I have seen them with soldered on pongs. Who is the maker of this one and does it affect the value of the shield? Thanks in ad

Default Krimschild question.

Hello guys!

As I understand, this is rather rare model, usually I have seen them with soldered on pongs. Who is the maker of this one and does it affect the value of the shield?

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krimschild question.   Krimschild question.  

Krimschild question.   Krimschild question.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krimschild question.
    P
    Many

It's a type 3.8 by an unknown maker, although it has been connected in the past to the maker Rudolf Souval, although this has not been proven so far. The shield is a late war example, flat, unvaulted pressed steel. Value wise I would put it no higher than any general Krim shield found in this condition. BTW, backing cloth was an option with these, so it's not necessarily "missing".

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's a type 3.8 by an unknown maker, although it has been connected in the past to the maker Rudolf Souval, although this has not been proven so far. The shield is a late war example, flat, unvaulted pressed steel. Value wise I would put it no higher than any general Krim shield found in this condition. BTW, backing cloth was an option with these, so it's not necessarily "missing".

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks, Ned!

The story behind it is that it comes from the hoard of unissued awards in Berlin and the paper in the first photo is the one it was found in.

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post
    Thanks, Ned!

The story behind it is that it comes from the hoard of unissued awards in Berlin and the paper in the first photo is the one it was found in.
    No prblem. Perhaps not easy to check, but it would be interesting if you could find out if any of the other awards found with it are by Souval. Although varied, they may have all been shipped together from the maker to the retail outlet. It all adds to the bigger picture!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

In the box, from what I remember were Deschler KVK, Erdkampfabzeichen by R. K. and more awards from different producers.