Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kuban Shield

Article about: Hey I'm new to this forum. I am mostly an WWII US military collector, but I do collect some German stuff (mostly field gear). I hope to learn from you guys and hopefully you can learn from m

Default Kuban Shield

Hey I'm new to this forum. I am mostly an WWII US military collector, but I do collect some German stuff (mostly field gear). I hope to learn from you guys and hopefully you can learn from me. I'm am not certain about German badges, Shields or breast eagles and some other German stuff.

So i think this is may be original Kuban shield, but i would like another opinion it. If you think it a fake tell me where you see the detailed error, so i and other readers of this post will learn from it. IF it is an original please confirm it in a post so my doubts will be over.

I got it from a store, not local to where I am, this comes out of the western US.

Kuban Shield
    Kuban Shield
    Last edited by Franz1944; 08-28-2010 at 03:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kuban Shield
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kuban Shield

I can't help you with this one as shields are out of my collecting experience. Hopefully some of the others can offer their opinions but if not try a search for this shield and take a look in the fakes gallery to see if you can find a match.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Problem here is ; there are so many good n bad repos out there genrerally. i have heard that the 3 is supposed to tuch the 4. in" genera"l no repos has that feachure. also, one of the only ways to conclude if it is repro or not is to see if it is non magnetic and you need to meashure the dimensions against "known real ones" - . - they may be others in here who know better- i could ask two collectors living local to me, but they have stated that buying badges n medals theese days is a minefield. having said that about the magnetic and non magnetic part is also a pain in the ass, as these shields were issue in zinc and sheet metal so it is still possible that original non magnetic shields with all the attributes could still be.

I under stand what your saying, this is The first gamble I took in buying this. Hopefuly it not a bad one. It would be great if some one showed me picture of a real one and gave me demensions. Thnk you for all your comments, this is a good forum.

This Kuban's undoubtedly a fake. The giveaway is the shape of the G. Also the poor finish. All Kubans bar one were Bronzed sheet metal. Karl Wurster made the only Zinc shield.

Hope that helps...Peter

ahh thanks, that a bummer. Well i think im going to stay away from German Sheilds intill i become a expert in this part of collecting.

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    ahh thanks, that a bummer. Well i think im going to stay away from German Sheilds intill i become a expert in this part of collecting.
    Just a couple of things to watch out for on the Kuban shields, that may help you in the future

"1" bigger than the "9".
    Specific shapes of the "4" and the "3" digits.
    Specific shape of the eagle head.
    Specific shapes of the "K" and the "A" letters.