Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold

Article about: Hello all, In my opinion, an authentic and heavily worn gold example. Any other thoughts? a similar badge I found for reference: SA Sports Badge in Gold William Kramer

Default L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold

Hello all,

In my opinion, an authentic and heavily worn gold example. Any other thoughts?

a similar badge I found for reference:

SA Sports Badge in Gold

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold   L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold  

L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold   L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold  

L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold   L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold
    P
    Many

Hi William, I think you may well be right that yours is gold, I have a what I believe to be a heavily worn silver grade award. Mine appears golden but I think that is the "hue" coming through from the base metal as the finish is now so thin. Yours looks to be a much deeper gold in it's own right. Here's mine to compare with, Leon.L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in GoldL CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in GoldL CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in GoldL CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in GoldL CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold

I think also gold.

thanks for the feedback thus far. How were these awarded, what do the numbers actually signify? Are they recipient ID's somehow, similar to a number on gold party badges or does the numerical value correlate with what class the badge is?

Here are some other badges in Gold, but these numbers are very low unlike mine and Gottlieb's but yet the badge pattern and construction are entirely the same:

Gold SA Sports Badge and Pin

SA Defense Badge Gold Grade | eMedals

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...ml#post1110016

William Kramer

and here's something else very interesting. Glenn66 owns this badge here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...tml#post354723

it is Lauer as well, but numbered in a completely different location on the reverse and the construction of the award itself is entirely different, being a hollow-backed stamped badge whereas the others seen in this thread are all semi-hollow versions.

William Kramer

another for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold   L CHR. LAUER marked first pattern SA Sports badge in Gold