Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe- Need Opinions Please

Article about: I wasn't sure where to post this so I started here. Please direct me if this post should be somewhere else. Is this Custom's 25 Year Service Medal real or a reproduction? Thanks in advance f

ETF
    ?

Default Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe- Need Opinions Please

I wasn't sure where to post this so I started here. Please direct me if this post should be somewhere else.

Is this Custom's 25 Year Service Medal real or a reproduction?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe-  Need Opinions Please   Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe-  Need Opinions Please  

Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe-  Need Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe-  Need Opinions Please
    P
    Many

From just the lack of details, I would pass on it. It looks brand new to me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ETF
    ?

William...thanks for your opinion. Unfortunately, my photos do not show the detail that this medal really has. In hand the details are sharp. I believe I need to take photos which will show the actual detail much clearer. I don't believe I had my camera set to "macro". I'll take a few more comments and then remove the post and re-post with clearer photos.

Ed

ETF
    ?

Maybe one or two of the experts on these can point out specifics of the detail such as lettering font, spacing, eagles head and/or body details etc. that will help to determine whether the medal is authentic or not.

Comparing this specimen to one of the several originals that are for sale at emedals, I can see many differences. The breast feathers on the eagle, the leaves in the wreath-particularly so on the reverse, the font for the lettering is thinner than the ones shown and the embroidered eagle on the original ribbons has markedly different shaped beaks,heads, etc. and the ribbons themselves look to be of a finer weave. But, as you said, probably best to wait for the opinions of the experts.
    William

Hi Ed,

Ribbon with the embroidered eagle is for sure totally wrong. And details of medal? Please compare yourself.

regards
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe-  Need Opinions Please   Landzollbeamte 25 Jarhe-  Need Opinions Please  

ETF
    ?

Tomasz, Thank you for the photos and feedback. I agree with you on the ribbon as I always believed this was a post war addition.
    However, your medal looks similar to the one I posted when I hold mine in hand and look at the photos of your medal. I need to study the differences further.

William, again thank you for your further comments. I appreciate you going to e-medals and comparing medals and doing research. I checked the medals out on e-medals as well and again, I do not see any major differences as I hold the medal in hand. The ribbon, as I mentioned above I believe is a later replacement but I'm still studying the differences in the medal itself and the information you guys are giving me. I'm open to the possibility that it is a repro but I'm not quite there yet.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

ETF
    ?

Dear Moderator,

Please remove this post as I prefer to re-take photos of the medal with much better detail and re-post for feedback.

Thank you.
    Ed

Enjoy your medal, Ed-that's all that really matters.
    William

ETF
    ?

Thanks William.
    Ed