Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Latest purchase: Adler Orden Silberne Verdienstmedaille

Article about: My latest purchase, of which I have to say I am quite fond. I think this is either the 6th or 8th grade of the Adler Orden series and would have been awarded to lower level foreigners (often

Default Latest purchase: Adler Orden Silberne Verdienstmedaille

My latest purchase, of which I have to say I am quite fond. I think this is either the 6th or 8th grade of the Adler Orden series and would have been awarded to lower level foreigners (often diplomats or others whose efforts where considered sympathetic or valuable to the NS cause)

I don't know if this example can be considered pre 1944 (and hence a klasse 6) or a post 1943 (and therefore a klasse 8 medal of merit). I do love the firm strike to the rim of the award denoting the silver content, name and place of manufacture.

I hope you enjoy the images.

Latest purchase: Adler Orden Silberne Verdienstmedaille Latest purchase: Adler Orden Silberne Verdienstmedaille

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest purchase: Adler Orden Silberne Verdienstmedaille
    P
    Many

very nice medal.

What you have is a 1st pattern piece 1937-43 due to the Gothic script. An early specimen for the maker and material " silver" its made from. excellent example! You would be hard pressed to upgrade!

Thank you for the information, I would like to collect higher grades as funds permit.

I understand that! The German Orders are quite appealing typically of outstanding quality and craftsmanship. I stayed away from them and concentrated on LW combat badges. I ended up diversifying my collection, but always gravitate back to them. Good luck on your new piece its a winner! Now if you could only find a case for
    it. They are very hard to find. The later versions had a envelope.