Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold Award Document of MAX KLINGER (Unteroffizier)

Article about: Hello all, new to this forum and already a burning question; or better request! I own the German Cross in Gold (Juncker) awarded to unteroffizier Max Klinger of the 3. Pz. Jg. Art. 173. He w

Default Looking for the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold Award Document of MAX KLINGER (Unteroffizier)

Hello all,

new to this forum and already a burning question; or better request!

I own the German Cross in Gold (Juncker) awarded to unteroffizier Max Klinger of the 3. Pz. Jg. Art. 173.
    He was awarded this decoration of september 4th, 1942. I have seen the original award document on a well-known dealer's website, but it has sold.... As you might all understand, I HAVE TO make this set complete again, therefore I am looking for this particular award document.

If you have any information, or you have this certain document....let me know please!

Kind regards,

Tim
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-24-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold Award Document of MAX KLINGER (Unteroffizier)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Tim,

One of my favorite awards! Congratulations. Would love to see it.

That said, back to the topic at hand. I think it is a long shot one of the members here will have it but have you tried reaching out to the dealer directly? I doubt he will give the purchasers name directly but he might pass along your contact information to him. That would be the best approach IMHO.

A shame when these items are split up for profit!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can the dealer not send a private message to the owner of the citation explaining you wish to get in touch for the reason stated?

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I have already contacted the dealer; he said he does not know whom he sold it to.

I will try and upload a few photos of the Cross asap ;-)

MAP
    ?

Quote by LuftwaffeBadges View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses guys! I have already contacted the dealer; he said he does not know whom he sold it to.
    Wish you the best, but it is probably now in an unknown collection and won't surface for years or ever. Not good news, but think it is reality.

Looking forward to seeing the DKiG.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

How do I upload photos?

How do I upload photos?
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread should explain how to do this.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Please try to ensure they are posted in the correct orientation.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

How do I upload photos?
    I would start a new thread for the DKiG. Also continue to use the correct terminology in the title (Deutsches Kreuz in Gold). It helps with future searches.

Here are a few screen shots that should help with photos as well as a link. First time can be confusing but it's really simple there after....

New picture posting feature - How to guide !

It is the same for a brand new thread and also if you are adding photos to a new reply to an exisiting thread or editing an existing post . The only difference being with a new post to an existing thread you need to click the "G0 Advanced" or "Edit Post" button at the bottom right of the dialog box ...from there...

Looking for the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold Award Document of MAX KLINGER (Unteroffizier)