Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lorient shield

Article about: This, I assume is good. But what do you think? Is it supposed to be VERY rare. Is it?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Lorient shield

This, I assume is good. But what do you think? Is it supposed to be VERY rare. Is it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lorient shield   Lorient shield  

2. # ADS

pansoti
    ?

Default Re: Lorient shield

IMO : fake

Hi Bob, these are very controversial items. Collectors cannot agree if these ever even existed during the war.

I love the design, but my head has to over rule my heart on these. Personally I would not buy one as original.

Cheers, Ade.

hi'this proposed design was never issued the only examples known are held by the dr klietmann collection in germany.ps some have turned up in dog tag conversions but very few.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

There is some info about them on the web. It states that it was issued to survivors of Lorrient, France. Apparantly it was over-run by Allied troops on D-Day. It states further that it was a crude medal, certainly not up to RZM standards. Maybe you ought to read it. Just type "Lorient shield" in Google search bar.

Hi all

This is really rare shield, in fact I have seen that one of the dealer sell two original of the one ( with DN COA!! ) , but there are made by brass, hollow back type, not the example you showed.

I assume that this is no good piece

And also, this shield is not offical produced nor issued, accordingly TR German Government forbid this kind of badge and decorations being placed on the uniform.

Eric

When you compare thise shield with any other III Reich medal,insigna, buckel or what ever... these item looks like trench -art to me.
    The details are blury, the composition and the subjects are weired..., and the eagle with swas should lay on top, and his positioning isn't correct. For that same eagle it looks like they used a stamp that was ment to be used on other purpose.The details of the other subjects of the shield are not as sharp as the eagle is...?
    I am not speaking as an militaria expert!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    When you compare thise shield with any other III Reich medal,insigna, buckel or what ever... these item looks like trench -art to me.
    The details are blury, the composition and the subjects are weired..., and the eagle with swas should lay on top, and his positioning isn't correct. For that same eagle it looks like they used a stamp that was ment to be used on other purpose.The details of the other subjects of the shield are not as sharp as the eagle is...?
    I am not speaking as an militaria expert!!
    This opinion of mine goes for the "Lorient shield" in general; not just for the one posted here.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Stuka
    You got a point that the detail of Lorient shield is not really good!
    However, the real one are looks like this as well... the detail of the originals one I have seen are really bad also!!!

as an non-offical shields they generally looked in bad detail, for example, Lapland shield looks soft and lack detailed.
    I could say that the non-offical stuffs and some late war pieces would decrease the quality in order to fasten the purpose of issue...

Eric

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

The man I bought this shield from bought it from a museum that closed a long time ago. I doubt very seriously if the museum dealt in fakes! I think this item is genuine, and that the detractors just don't REALLY understand the Lorient Shield. Go to Google: type in "Lorient Shield" click on "Axis History Fact Book" click on "Unofficial German Shields" read what it says about the Lorient Shield, and learn something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast