Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal

Article about: I'm looking at this Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal, it looks like its either had a hard life of its poor casting marks, I can't decide and would like any opinions please.

Default Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal

I'm looking at this Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal, it looks like its either had a hard life of its poor casting marks, I can't decide and would like any opinions please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal   Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal  

"Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal
    P
    Many

I've been comparing with the one that was ok on this thread:

Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Air Warden Honor Award 2nd Class.

There are some slight differences but, I'm beginning to think it's in with a chance. Any opinions welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal   Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal  

"Per Ardua"

And the back:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal 
    "Per Ardua"

The "9" on yours doesn't appear to be level with the 1 or the 3. Having said that there are so many of these about are they being faked?

Thanks BlackCat, I have to say I didn't notice that, but personally I believe that everything TR is being faked now, if they make up fantasy items a Luftshutz medal must also be on the cards?
    "Per Ardua"

Sorry to keep on at this

Further research I've done I can't find any real Luftschutz medals with the suspension as thick as the one I am considering, is it just a makers variant or an out and out fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal  Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal  Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal 
    "Per Ardua"

You are right to persist if you are about to spend cash on it, the more I look at it the less I like it.

Thanks again BlackCat, the jury is still out on this one for me, I've always wanted one of these and want it to be real, but I feel there's too many, what could be red flags, that will cause me to wait on a better condition one and one that's a good solid example.
    "Per Ardua"

Looking for any further opinions, either good or bad, please?
    "Per Ardua"

This one is a repro from luftschutz Medal 2nd class which seems to be of the same quality, but not with that larger suspension.
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen medal 
    "Per Ardua"