Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need help

Article about: Good morning, can anyone help me with this badge. Is it original or not ? I do not want to loose money to buy again something bad. Thank you for help, Mike

?

Default Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need help

Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need helpLuftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need helpLuftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need help

Good morning,
    can anyone help me with this badge. Is it original or not ? I do not want to loose money to buy again something bad.
    Thank you for help,
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need help
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen by G.B. - need help

In my opinion it's a rather bad fake, as this design is not correct for a Gustav Brehmer Erdkampfabzeichen. In addition the reverse setup is also incorrect for this maker and the makers mark itself does not convince me at all, it looks downright wrong and quite puny. The photos aren't the best but it is evident to me that the quality of the details just aren't there either. It doesn't look like a zink badge I feel either.

- Kenneth

?

As usual Kenneth is correct in his analysis, the badge is a fake. One thing I would add to the above and useful to note, is that Brehmer didn't make a three rivet Erdkampfabzeichen.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    As usual Kenneth is correct in his analysis, the badge is a fake. One thing I would add to the above and useful to note, is that Brehmer didn't make a three rivet Erdkampfabzeichen.
    I should have mentioned this explicitly Adrian, when I wrote "design" this was also in my mind of course. Thank you for making it clear

- Kenneth

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    I should have mentioned this explicitly Adrian, when I wrote "design" this was also in my mind of course. Thank you for making it clear

- Kenneth
    Thank you guys. I think this is enough for me to let it be where it is and to save money for something what is good. One more time, thanks.

The guys are right, also the detail of the clouds around the eagle dont check out to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem